Top Sale this Week
It’s officially peak wedding season, and if your selection of cocktail dresses needs a refresh, the annual dress sale at Krista K Boutique (3458 N. Southport Ave., kristak.com)—happening now until June 14—may be the solution. The Lake View women’s boutique is stocked with hundreds of new frocks brought in especially for the event. Designers include Alice + Olivia, Elizabeth and James, Haute Hippie, and Rebecca Taylor, and styles range from long, flowy, and halter-topped (beach wedding) to short and jewel-encrusted (black tie affair). And, if you spring for two or more dresses (whether full-price or already on sale), you’ll score 20 percent off the total price.
The Best of the Rest
- If you’re in the market for wearable art, you’ll find it at Hyde Park’s 57th Street Art Fair (57thstreetartfair.com), which runs Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., respectively. The Midwest’s oldest juried art fair showcases a collection of jewelry and leather objects, plus glassworks, fiber arts, and more from artists across the country. Admission is free.
- High-end optical shop Vision Boutique opens up a new location in Old Town (1224 N. Wells, vision-boutique.com) this weekend, and at the grand opening party (held Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m.), one shopper will win a pair of designer frames each hour, on the hour. Other shoppers may score tickets to Zanies comedy club or a goody bag.
- Henri Bendel (Water Tower Place, 845 N. Michigan Ave., henribendel.com), the accessories brand best known for its brown-and-white-striped handbags, celebrates a birthday with deals—both in-store and online—now through Saturday. Stop by tonight between 5 and 9 p.m. for free champagne and cupcakes and 30 percent off your entire purchase.
- Now through Monday, the Brooks Brothers Factory Store (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com) is offering 40 percent off the spring collection and 60 to 80 percent off clearance items. Until Sunday, select men’s suits are going for $249.
- In Lincoln Park, Peruvian Connection (925 W. Armitage Ave., peruvianconnection.com), a purveyor of handmade women’s clothing, is hosting a spring sale now until supplies run out. Look for new markdowns—up to 40 percent off—on hundreds of items.
- Wedding events are usually pitched at brides, but this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., it’s (almost) all about the groom at men’s accessories shop The Tie Bar (918 W. Armitage Ave., thetiebar.com). Grooms and groomsmen can shop classic wedding staples such as cufflinks, bow ties, suspenders, and socks, and the first 50 customers to spend $75 or more will take home a solid white cotton pocket square and collar stays. So as not to exclude brides, there will be manicures, onsite wedding style consultations, and complimentary beer and champagne.
1 week ago