Top Sale this Week
Well, this is the greatest news ever: The J.Crew Factory store at Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlet Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com) is throwing an “All Things Spring” event, now through Monday. Everything in the store, including new arrivals for spring, is 50 percent off. Repeat: Everything in the store is 50 percent off. This is your chance to look exactly like Jenna Lyons, so don’t blow it! Since it’s practically a party, there will also be drinks, snacks, live music, party favors, and spring-themed styling advice available in-store.
While you’re at the Outlets, stop by the New York & Company store for a similar promotion: 50 percent off storewide, including new arrivals, with all jewelry priced at a glittery $7.99.
The Best of the Rest
- Since you know that the secret to good style is good tailoring, you won’t want to miss the Shernett Swaby designer sale. (Swaby was a top-five finalist on Project Runway Canada, FYI.) When you make an appointment at the designer’s showroom (2459 W. Augusta Blvd., shernettswaby.com) before the end of the month, you’ll save 50 percent on select items and receive complimentary alterations. To book an appointment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-276-7645.
- So your favorite college kid is about to come home for spring break? Show them that you’re hip to the jive by buying them a piece of officially licensed collegiate sportswear! Campus Colors (835 N. Michigan Ave., campuscolors.com) is throwing its annual March to Madness sale from March 17 to April 6: Spending $50 gets you $5 off, spending $75 gets you $15 off, and spending $125 gets you $30. Grab a Northwestern tee for everyone in the family, why don’t you?
- The French furniture and lifestyle brand Ligne Roset has its annual sale from Friday to Monday. Stop by the Chicago showroom (440 N. Wells St., ligne-roset-usa.com) for 15 percent off the entire (gorgeous, innovative, and oh-so-French) collection. Check out the yellow Harry loveseat, priced at $3,328 (originally $3,915), which is luxe and stylish enough for any legitimate Francophile.
- If you’re into sculptural, all-black clothing, you’ll love the Annette Gortz trunk show at Urban Style Emporium (1 E. Delaware Pl., Ste. 500, urbanstyleemporium.com), Friday through Sunday. Wear red lipstick and your best New Yorker attitude.
- Eco-warriors, rejoice: the second Saturday of every month is Sample Saturday at the Greenheart Shop (1714 N. Wells St., greenheartshop.org), which stocks some of Chicago’s most exciting eco- and fair trade brands. Stop by Saturday to sample fair trade treats and beverages while you shop, including Chapin Coffee from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and complimentary wine from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Peruvian Connection (925 W. Armitage Ave., peruvianconnection.com)—the charming brand with the slogan “artisan apparel for nomads and romantics”—is having a spring sale! Get 20 percent off all in-store purchases, Saturday through March 22.
2 weeks ago