Top Sale this Week
If you’ve got the garage sale bug (which tends to hit right when the weather warms up), check out The Great Parker Garage Sale Saturday and Sunday. The event, which is a cult favorite among Lincoln Park residents, takes place at Francis W. Parker School (2233 N. Clark St., fwparker.org), and all sales benefit the school’s scholarship fund. Two gyms and a cafeteria will be packed with designer clothing, kids’ clothing, furniture, collectibles, art, and housewares. You’ll find vintage costume jewelry from an antiques dealer’s estate (spoiler alert: there will be Dior), designer handbags from Chanel to Longchamp, and vintage silver galore.
For the best selection, line up early on Saturday, when the sale runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or stop by on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for discounted prices.
The Best of the Rest
- You’ll need cash and a big shopping bag for the spring/summer sample sale at young-contemporary womenswear wholesaler Annie Overbeek’s showroom (2132 W. Fulton St., Unit A, annieo.net), next Tuesday from noon to 5 p.m. Plenty of spring and summer samples will go for $10 or less, and the showroom is also offering 20 percent off wholesale. Expect brands such as Tulle, Anama, AnM, Lolly Clothing, Covet, and Pink Martini.
- Every weekend this month, Oak Park’s high-end furniture consignment shop Design Consign throws a designer outdoor furniture warehouse sale filled with items from Merchandise Mart showrooms. The sale takes place at 515 Shawmut Avenue, La Grange, Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
- Why not give back a bit while you shop and send some money to the 606, the new elevated bike and walking trail opening soon on the northwest side? Luxury Garage Sale (1658 N. Wells St., luxurygaragesale.com), a high-end consignment store, hosts an event on May 20 from 6 to 8 p.m., and sales from the evening benefit the bike trail. You’ll find champagne, cupcakes, and plenty of designer apparel, from Hermès to Louis Vuitton. R.S.V.P. by tonight to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can stock up on women’s sandals (and every other type of women’s shoes) at the Nine West Outlet (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com) now until Saturday. You’ll find buy-one-get-one-half off sandals as well as 30 to 50 percent off the entire store.
- The New York & Company Outlet at Gurnee Mills (6170 W. Grand Ave, Gurnee, simon.com/mall/gurnee-mills) throws caution to the wind, pricing the whole store of women’s work apparel at 40 percent off (including new arrivals, excluding clearance) now through the 20th.
- The Denim Lounge (2039 W. Roscoe St., thedenimlounge.com), a Roscoe Village store specializing in designer denim for men, women, and children, hosts a serious sale (with cocktails) Friday. Beginning at 6 p.m., denim will be priced at up to 90 percent off. You’ll also find a Henry & Belle trunk show with jeans starting at $29.
2 weeks ago