Top Sale This Week
Browsing for vintage is so much better when there’s an open bar involved. Tomorrow from 6 to 8 p.m., stop by the Randolph Street Market (1340 W. Washington St.) for the kickoff of the beloved bazaar’s fall fashion season. A $20 advance ticket gets you access to a fine collection of vintage vendors before anyone else, plus live music, free onsite parking, admission to the regular market on Saturday and Sunday, and access to the open bar, which we hear goes wonderfully with the market’s excess of swing coats and vintage furs.
The Best of the Rest
- Lincoln Park’s newest boutique, Elle Val (2320 N. Clark St.) is now open to the public and offering new customers 10 percent off their purchase. Stop by for brands like Haute Hippie, Lovers and Friends, and more.
- Concerned about your carbon footprint? Enroll in Saturday’s upcycle workshop at Levelz Style Lounge (1452 N. Milwaukee Ave.), where you’ll learn how to turn your old clothes into new wares by combining, reconstructing, and otherwise reinventing them. 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.; $30.
- Hubba Hubba (2040 W. Roscoe St.) is turning 26, so stop by their birthday party this evening for drinks, snacks, and $25 off your purchase of $100 or more.
- Give your pad a fall makeover with a little help from STITCH (1937 N. Damen Ave.), where you’ll find furniture from Gus* Modern and Missoni Home on sale for 15 to 25 percent off until October 26.
- Raise your glass to Chicago’s status as a sweatshop-free city at Greenheart Shop’s (1714 N. Wells St.) Fair Trade Mixer and Sweatfree Celebration, tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. Celebrate with light appetizers, local beer, and fair trade wine as you browse Greenheart’s equally sweatshop-free clothing.
- Local jeweler Ann Chikahisa is leaving Chicago for Seattle, but not before one last hurrah at Virtu (2035 N. Damen Ave.). Tomorrow (5 to 8 p.m.) and Saturday (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), shop Chikahisa’s Stonehenge collection, as well as her new collection of 14kt green gold, and receive 10 percent off whatever bijoux you purchase.