Top Sale This Week
If spring is for cleaning, then autumn is for nesting. Stop by Unison (2000 W. Fulton St., unisonhome.com) for a warehouse sale, tomorrow through Sunday. Score up to 80 percent off overstock bedding, pillows, table linens, holiday decorations, and much more. You’ll find pillows selling two-for-one; fabric by the yard is also on sale for the DIY-ers among us. The boutique Penelope’s will throw a pop-up shop within the sale, where they’ll sling their brand of overstock: chic men’s and women’s clothing in cozy fall colors and textures.
The Best of the Rest
- Pregnant gals, there’s something in the air this week: Kickin’ (2118 W. Roscoe St., kickinmaternity.com) throws a fall fashion show pitched at moms and moms-to-be tomorrow from 6 to 9:30 p.m. A $12 ticket gets you a goodie bag, giveaways, and catered appetizers. In addition, Preggers Maternity (900 N. Michigan Ave., preggersmaternity.com) offers 15 percent off all maternity items until October 31.
- Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave., shoparteffect.com) wants to make sure you’re very warm this season. Stop by their adorable store now until Sunday, where sweaters are currently buy one, get one half-off.
- Stylist and blogger Selby from styled-therapy.com makes an in-store appearance at Stitch (1937 N. Damen Ave., stitchchicago.com) on Saturday. The fashion guru will help customers style their jewelry, accessory, and bag purchases. Plus, there will be complimentary wine and 20 percent off storewide.
- Bespoke No. 607 is Haberdash’s (607 N. State St., haberdashmen.com) own private label for men, available off the rack and made to measure. Until Sunday, all Bespoke No. 607 vests, jackets, pants, and topcoats are 33 percent off in store or online (with code BESPOKESALE).
- The new indie brand you didn’t realize you couldn’t live without is called Idle.Wild, FYI; and they’re launching their FW ’14 collection just in time for holiday wish list-writing. Celebrate the well-edited capsule collection with a glass of bubbly during the label’s Friday pop-in shop at Sir & Madame (938 N. Damen Ave., sirandmadame.com).
- The slick workout app Nike Training Club unveils a store within a store at Macy’s State Street (111 N. State St., macys.com), and celebrates the grand opening on Saturday from 10 to 11 a.m. Fitness-minded guests will be enjoy a tailored shopping experienced based on their personal style and workout preferences.
- The home furnishing consignment warehouse Coyle & Herr (coyleandherr.com) has relocated to 3031 North Rockwell Street, and the new space—all 8,200 square feet of it—is currently stocked with fantastic inventory from light fixtures to artwork. To celebrate the opening, shoppers receive a $50 gift certificate toward their purchase of $250 or more, now through the end of November.