NorthShore Medical Group Orthopaedics is recognized for its excellence in providing complex care in sports medicine, arthritis, trauma, joint replacement and pediatrics, as well as for injuries and diseases relating to spine, foot and ankle, hand and upper extremity, and shoulder. Our team uses state of the art techniques including minimally invasive and computer-assisted custom procedures tailored to the individual patient’s needs and goals. Our clinics are located from Chicago to Gurnee and across the North Shore, with several sites offering walk-in and same-day availability to quickly assess orthopaedic injuries.
Our leading specialists are medical staff members of NorthShore University HealthSystem’s four award-winning hospitals in Evanston, Skokie, Glenview and Highland Park. They are also team physicians to the Chicago Bears, Chicago Rugby Lions, U.S. Soccer, U.S.A. Hockey, U.S.A. Rugby and the Chicago Marathon. The sports medicine team includes orthopaedic surgeons and primary care specialists experienced in treating sports injuries for professional and amateur athletes of all ages. The same doctors who treat professional athletes also treat you. Many of our physicians maintain faculty appointments at Chicago’s premier academic institutions and are recognized in Castle Connolly’s “America’s Top Doctors.” NorthShore is the primary teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, where our specialists help train future physicians.
Specialized care is provided by:
• Adult reconstruction (hip and knee replacement): Ravi K. Bashyal, MD; Raju S. Ghate, MD; Lalit Puri, MD; Nasim A. Rana, MD; Anand Srinivasan,MD; S. David Stulberg, MD; Alexander Tauchen, MD; Richard L. Wixson, MD • Arthritis, and physical medicine and rehabilitation: Victoria A. Brander, MD
• Foot and ankle: Jamal Ahmad, MD, Lan Chen, MD; Armen S. Kelikian, MD; Steven A. Kodros, MD
• Hand and upper extremity: Charles Carroll, MD; Robert R. Gray, MD; Seth Levitz, MD
• Pediatric orthopaedics: David W. Roberts, MD; Verena M. Schreiber, MD
• Podiatry: Loren Adelman, DPM; Larry D. Weisman, DPM; Michael I. Weisman, DPM; Robert J. Zombolo, DPM
• Spine: Purnendu Gupta, MD; Eldin Karaikovic, MD, PhD; Srdjan Mirkovic, MD; Mark T. Nolden, MD
• Sports medicine: Adam W. Bennett, MD; Patrick M. Birmingham, MD; Mark K. Bowen, MD; Trevor Bullock, DO; Bradley J. Dunlap, MD; Eric N. Hoeper, MD; Carrie A. Jaworski, MD; Jason L. Koh, MD; Hallie E. Labrador, MD; Steven D. Levin, MD; Ward McCracken, DO; Thomas Moran, MD; Evan Plowgian, MD; Diego Villacis, MD; Stephen Wielgus, MD; Anne Marie Zeller, DO • Trauma: Rajeev Garapati, MD
• General orthopaedics: Scott D. Cordes, MD
NorthShore’s orthopaedic physicians pursue every option for patients, including the latest breakthroughs in surgical procedures like robotic and custom joint replacement and minimally invasive spine surgery. We also employ a range of advanced nonsurgical alternatives and highly specialized physical therapy. For joint replacement surgeries, NorthShore consistently outperforms medical centers across the country and the state against a variety of national benchmarks, including low hospital readmissions and low infection rates.
Our physicians actively pursue novel discoveries to ensure that advanced clinical treatments and the latest technology are available for patients today. For instance, we are pioneering sophisticated regenerative medicine techniques to help the body heal damaged tissue using stem cells as an alternative to a joint replacement or surgical procedure. We also are using scaffolds for rotator cuff repair, and cell-based therapies and growth factors for enhanced healing.
We work with you to precisely diagnose the source of your pain, and then provide the optimal treatment plan for your long-term recovery. Our dedicated specialists provide collaborative, multidisciplinary care for any orthopaedic challenge.
680 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 924
Chicago, IL 60611
2180 Pfingsten Rd., Suite 3100
Glenview, IL 60026
7900 Rollins Rd.
Gurnee, IL 60031
1777 Green Bay Rd., Suite 201
Highland Park, IL 60035
920 Milwaukee Ave., 1st Floor
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
9650 Gross Point Rd., Suite 2900
Skokie, IL 60076