(page 7 of 8)
Best Favorite things picked by Designers
Gary Lee Gary
Lee Partners; garyleepartners.com
- Pagoda Red (1714 N. Damen Ave., 773-235-1188; pagodared.com), for Asian antiques.
- Vivo Upholstery (1528 W. Adams St., 312-226-7779) is absolutely the best for furniture reupholstery.
- Roy Boyd Gallery (739 N. Wells St., 312-642-1606; royboydgallery.com) and Perimeter Gallery (210 W. Superior St., 312-266-9473; perimeter gallery.com) for art.
- Douglas Rosin Decorative Arts and Antiques (730 N. Wells St., 312-337-6556; douglasrosin.com) and Elements (741 N. Wells St., 312-642-6574; elementschicago.com) for accessories for practically every project we do.
- A Lamp & Fixture Shop (3181 N. Elston Ave., 773-866-0220) for lampshades and for rewiring or fixing a broken lamp.
Jessica LaGrange Interiors; jessicalagrangeinteriors.com
- American Science & Surplus (5316 N. Milwaukee Ave., 773-763-0313; sciplus.com) for flasks, beakers, and other cool stuff.
- Laidlaw Art Fabrication and Restoration (320 N. Damen Ave., 312-226-6950; artfirm.com). They can fix, refinish, or recreate anything: a missing dining chair, a chandelier chain, a dining table leaf-they’re awesome!
- Lamp Shades Inc. (4041 W. Ogden Ave., 773-522-2300) for cheap lampshades.
- Davis Imperial Cleaners (3325 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., 866-267-4560), the best in the city for cleaning slipcovers and drapes.
- Anthropologie (1120 N. State St., 312-255-1848; anthropologie.com) for housewares; good for teenage girls’ rooms.
- Colori (2243 W. North Ave., 773-252-4923; colorichicago.com) for eco-friendly paint.
ASI Interiors; asiinteriors.com
- Al Bar Wilmette Platers (127 Green Bay Rd., Wilmette, 866-823-8404; albarwilmette.com) for replating everything from old silver platters and flatware to freshening up door knockers.
- Blue Flowers Fine Linens (773-286-3083), a custom linens company-the owner has fabrics from all over Europe. She will come to your home to help you design bedding, towels, or whatever you need.
- Mariani Landscape (Lake Bluff, 847-234-2172; marianilandscape.com). The people here are great, whether it’s for the design-concept phase or for redoing a garden.
- Anna’s Mostly Mahogany (531 Bank Ln., Highwood, 847-432-9151; antiqueandartconsignmentinc.com) is a little-known place that has great antique pieces from old estates.
6 days ago