Make Yourself Over
(page 3 of 3)
1. Elevate a pair of jeans with a crisp collared shirt and a bold tie. Jeans, $178, Levi's Capital E; gray-and-white-striped shirt, $95, Hugo Boss; and tie, $125, Ralph Lauren JOE SAYS: "Mixing the microstripe in the shirt with the bold stripe of the tie is a sophisticated move."
2. This sweater is a college-kid staple—the zip-up hooded jacket—rendered in cashmere. Gray cashmere zip-up sweater, $598, John Varvatos JOE SAYS: "This is a great piece: It's luxurious but, because it's a hoodie, it has a casual feel. Graham could also wear it under a blazer or a pea coat."
3. Black shoes can be too formal; boots in dark-brown leather add personality. Andrew boot, $378, To Boot New York JOE SAYS: "Graham could wear these boots with jeans and, because they're so clean and sharp, at work with a slim, modern suit. Chocolate brown goes beautifully with grays and navies."
4. Fun accessories, such as this colorful bag and a chunky pendant necklace, add to the look. Olive-green purse, $158, Nordstrom, and necklace, $225, Alexis Bittar; both from Nordstrom
5. This wrap dress is softly feminine but not frilly. Black-and-white silk dress, $119, I.N.C. STACEY SAYS: "The cap sleeves bring her shoulders into balance with her hips and the plunging neckline elongates the neck and draws the eye from her face to her waist. The silk fabric skims the body and the length is perfect."
6. Extend a summery day dress into three seasons by pairing opaque black tights with a high heel. Round-toe pumps, $98, Boutique 9 STACEY SAYS: "You could even wear a lightweight, long-sleeved silk or cashmere turtleneck under this dress in the winter."