Tereasa with her dog, Frankie.
Photo by brian sorg
1. Every home should have evidence of a life lived. Something that costs nothing, but makes you deliriously happy. The one thing you grab if your house catches fire. For me, its my travel journals. (And, at the risk of sounding cliché, an Eames chair. It’s a timeless classic—although harder to carry.)
2. If I could live in any movie or TV setting it would be Madmen. There is no more beautiful set design. I literally want to move into Draper’s office. Dan Bishop is a genius.
3. The most aesthetically pleasing place I’ve visited recently was Coqui Coqui in Tulum a couple weeks ago. Part boutique hotel, part spa, part heaven. It’s an insanely curated, super-minimalist space.
4. My can’t-live-without techie gadget is a 1950s radio that’s been converted into an iPod dock. (I found it on Craig’s List). Listening to new music on ancient speakers makes everything more interesting.
5. Most people don’t know that I collect motorcycles and matchbooks, and hoard antique European photo albums.
6. The best book I’ve read lately is David Sedaris’s Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk. His books make me laugh out loud in awkwardly inappropriate places, such as airplane middle seats and elevators.
1 week ago