Our staffers’ gift picks have gotten so much attention that everyone wants in on the action. Enter Kelly Zech, Chicago magazine’s classified ad director. Here are her picks!
- For the man: One of my favorite Andersonville shops, FourSided, carries some lovely screen prints of local neighborhoods by Chicagoan Chris Gorz. My husband will be getting the print showcasing our beloved Edgewater neighborhood, as he has been wanting to hang some new art in his office.
- For the friends: I am smitten with these SLOM bottles that IKEA is selling this year, $3.99. I am inspired to fill them with some cran-raspberry juice and gift them with my very favorite North Shore Gin No. 6, $32 (available at In Fine Spirits, 5470 N. Clark St.), along with a recipe to mix them (below).
- For the boy: My son went to see the Willis Tower observation deck for the first time this year and still can’t stop talking about it. I encourage this Chicago love: LEGO Willis Tower, $19.99; Along with Tad & France Mitchell’s children’s book, ”Where Is the Sears Tower?”
- For the hosts: How about giving a party host a gift that they can use to relax with the morning after their big party? Try Metropolis Coffee’s Falstaff Winter Blend, $13.50/lb. along with some of their amazing scones; Brazil french press from Bodum, 3-cup, $16.95.
- 2 part North Shore Distillery Distiller’s Gin No. 6
- 3 part cranberry-raspberry juice
- fresh cranberries for garnish (optional)
- Shake gin and cranberry-raspberry juice with cracked ice in a cocktail shaker; pour into a martini glass. Garnish with some fresh cranberries and serve.
5 months ago
5 months ago