- Leave work at 1 p.m. the day of your office holiday party, saying you need to go home and get dressed.
- Go into work at 1 p.m. the day after your office party, saying you may have had too much fun last night.
- Take one sick day. People love to say there’s something going around, so why not make them happy?
- Cut out at 3 p.m. from December 2 to 5 to make it home in time for Hanukkah candle lighting, whether you’re Jewish or not.
- Arrive at 11 the morning of the first snowstorm, explaining you had to “put a chair in my street parking spot.”
- The week before Christmas, take an extra hour off each day to “finish my shopping.”
- Never take Christmas week off. Everyone else in the office will, so you’ll have plenty of time to stream Love Actually and The Nightmare Before Christmas on your boss’s TV during work hours—the perfect way to end the season.
7 hours ago