Top Sales This Week
It’s time to wholeheartedly embrace all things snow-covered and Christmas-scented, and what better way to feed your holiday addiction than by attending Roscoe Village’s Winterfest? On Saturday from 5 to 9 p.m., stores on West Roscoe Street will stay open later than usual, luring you in with delights like mini chair massages at Glam to Go (2002 W. Roscoe St., glamtogo.com), 10 percent off everything at À Pied (2037 W. Roscoe St., apiedshoeboutique.blogspot.com), free wine and 10 percent off at RoscoeBooks (2142 W. Roscoe St., roscoebooks.com), and chocolate-peppermint martinis at M2 Boutique (2203 W. Roscoe St., mboutiquechicago.com).
Bring the kids back on Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. for horse-drawn sleigh rides, caroling, and other family-friendly activities including Nutcracker performances at Baby Take a Bow (2223 W. Roscoe St., 2:15 and 2:45 p.m., babytakeabowchicago.com), free hot chocolate and s’mores at Kitsch’n (2005 W. Roscoe St., kitschn.com), and the chance to make recycled bike parts into ornaments at Roscoe Village Bikes (2016 W. Roscoe St., roscoevillagebikes.com).
The Best of the Rest
- Local jewelry line Ali’s Collection (aliscollection.com) hosts an event at Comfort Me Boutique (701 W. Armitage Ave., comfortmeboutique.boutiquewindow.com) to benefit ROAR (Roll Over Animal Rescue). The event—which takes place December 10 from 6 to 8 p.m.—will feature cocktails, light bites, and best of all, the chance to meet adorable, adoptable dogs. If you can keep from swooning long enough to buy a piece of jewelry, 25 percent of all sales go directly to ROAR.
- If you’re into ugly sweaters, selfies, and free swag—like any other red-blooded human—make sure to stop by one of dozens of participating local boutiques in the Wicker Park/Bucktown area this Friday and Saturday to take an ugly sweater selfie in front of one of their “Ugly Sweater Selfie Contest” backdrops. Participating stores include Timbuk2 (1623 N. Damen Ave., timbuk2.com), Vintage Charm (1735 N. Damen Ave., shopvintagecharm.com), and The Red Balloon Co. (1940 N. Damen Ave., theredballoon.com). Geotag the business on Instagram, hashtag it #uglysweaterwpb, and the photos with the most Instagram likes will win one of three prize packages, like a WPB Staycation or a bike- or pet-themed package.
- Should you find yourself in Woodstock, Illinois, longing for the days when people just made art, man, stop by Kimball & Bean Garden Antiques (3606 S. Country Club Rd., Woodstock, kimballandbean.com) for their first-ever December flea market Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. You’ll find antiques, vintage gems, and holiday décor, among other artsy little things.
- Rachel Zoe’s dry bar, DreamDry (904 W. Armitage Ave., dreamdry.com), flings open the doors of its first Chicago location tonight! Stop by any time you really need to feel like Rapunzel.
- Lincoln Park throws a “Holiday Shop Hop” tonight from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Eateries and bloggers will pop up in various boutiques along West Armitage Avenue, West Halsted Street, and West Webster Avenue. A few collaborations that you can expect: Emily from Isn’t that Charming and Maya of Charmingly Styled at Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave., shoparteffect.com), Ashlee of Kinks are the New Pink and Jess of The Golden Girl at Barbour (2042 N. Halsted St., barbour.com), and Caitlin of A Cheeky Fox at Kiehl’s (907 W. Armitage Ave., kiehls.com).
- Heirlumé (heirlume.co) is an e-commerce fine jewelry company based in Chicago that uses a technology-backed gifting engine to help you pick out the perfect piece of jewelry for your loved ones. Intrigued? Spend $250 and Heirlumé will include a free cashmere gift: men’s socks or women’s gloves.
- Until Monday, spend $100 online at Sir & Madame (938 N. Damen Ave., sirandmadame.com) and you’ll get 20 percent off your purchase. While supplies last, you’ll score a gift, too. Use code CYBER at checkout.
- Eskell (1509 N. Milwaukee Ave., eskell.com) is turning nine, and they want you to celebrate with them on Saturday. There will be balloons to pop for hidden discounts, drinks from Craft Cocktail, tunes from DJ Ryan Weinstein, and a pop-up shop from Chicago menswear brand Stock Mfg Co.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago