Edit Module Edit Module
Other Arts & Culture stories
Fall Culture Guide
- Cyndi Lauper Ventures into Broadway with 'Kinky Boots'
- Mormons React to ‘The Book of Mormon’
- Andrew Hinderaker on Writing Plays from the Gut
- Chicago's Fresh Comedic Talent
- 10 Must-See Plays
- Choreographer Alejandro Cerrudo Premieres 'One Thousand Pieces'
- Five Must-See Dance Acts
- Fran Lebowitz on Spotting Talent
- Chicago Architecture Foundation, Classical Composers Team Up for Open House Chicago
- Five Must-See Classical Events
Film and TV
- Q&A with Michael Shannon
- Reality (TV) Check on Millennials
- Chicago TV Actors to Watch
- Roberta Duchak on Coaching Russell Crowe
Art and Design
Vocal exercises warm up the voice. You have to do them every day for 10 to 15 minutes, and you will see a difference. Russell did. He once sang “Stars” 23 times in one night. I don’t know a lot of musical theatre people who could do that.
Roberta Duchak, 46, musical director at Drury Lane Oakbrook, trained Russell Crowe for his role as Javert in the film Les Misérables, out Dec. 14.
Illustration: John Kenzie