Edit Module Edit Module
Other Arts & Culture stories
Fall Culture Guide
- Cyndi Lauper Ventures into Broadway with 'Kinky Boots'
- Mormons React to ‘The Book of Mormon’
- Andrew Hinderaker on Writing Plays from the Gut
- Chicago's Fresh Comedic Talent
- 10 Must-See Plays
- Choreographer Alejandro Cerrudo Premieres 'One Thousand Pieces'
- Five Must-See Dance Acts
- Fran Lebowitz on Spotting Talent
- Chicago Architecture Foundation, Classical Composers Team Up for Open House Chicago
- Five Must-See Classical Events
Film and TV
- Q&A with Michael Shannon
- Reality (TV) Check on Millennials
- Chicago TV Actors to Watch
- Roberta Duchak on Coaching Russell Crowe
Art and Design
Start very small–and very personal. Dirty started with my own sense of privilege. Positioned against most of the world, I am the 1 percent. For me, there were some profound implications in the financial collapse–it’s a byproduct of a system we’re all complicit in creating. I don’t want to let people off the hook. I don’t want to let myself off the hook.
Andrew Hinderaker, 33, penned Dirty, playing through Nov. 18 at Gift Theatre. 4802 N. Milwaukee Ave., thegifttheatre.org
Illustration: John Kenzie
21 hours ago
2 days ago