1. GQ has named its top 20 cocktails in America, and two are from Chicago: The Violet Hour’s Juliet & Romeo and Nacional 27’s Strawberry-Rhubarb-Basil-Balsamic Mojito. Agree? Disagree? Post your thoughts in the comments section below.
2. Zocalo and Partida Tequila team up for a tequila tasting tonight, Thursday the 24th, from 7 to 9 p.m. Sofia Partida hosts the sampling of Partida Blanco, Reposado, Añejo, and Elegante paired with tacos and apps. Space is limited; call for reservations: 312-302-9977. Tickets are $25.
3. The bottle-service faithful will flip over the Swarovski-encrusted Moët & Chandon Champagne bottles launching exclusively tonight, Thursday the 24th from 7 to 9 p.m., at Martini Park. In honor of the bar’s one-year anniversary, there’s no additional fee to have the bottles personalized with a name, date, or message (up to seven letters); choices include the White Star ($175), Rosé ($195) and Nectar Impérial ($195).
4. Quote of the week: “If you know anyone that has $20,000 to give to me then let me know"—this from a mass e-mail sent out by Vintage Wine Bar’s Anthony Basich, announcing his plans to open a wine garden before summer’s end. Stay tuned for details.
5. See what all the hype is about: LMFAO, the hip-hop duo that was banned from YouTube, performs at Manor tonight, the 24th. There’s a hosted cocktail reception from 10 to 11 p.m. and free admission before 11:30 p.m.
6. And then there’s what McFadden’s is hawking as its post-walk-of-shame booze-and-brunch special. Offerings include the usual morning-after eats, plus—wait for it—$10 bottomless mimosas. We’re mildly insulted—but sold nonetheless. Available Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
7. For those who prefer their alcohol in the evening: 10 Cane Rum cocktails, including the watermelon muddle and the kiwi-pineapple, are $7 from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at Landmark. Summer’s running out folks; drink it up while you can.
8. Meanwhile, Bucktown’s Plan B just got a lot cheesier. The spot’s updated bar menu includes mac and cheese wedges ($7), “mini pizza cups” with sausage and cheese ($6), and fried cheese curds ($5). If that’s not enough, the fried mozzarella cheese blocks ($16) are still available. You were worried, we know.
9. See a live performance by “Girls Kiss Girls” rapper, Def Jam artist, and YouTube climber Pittsburgh Slim at Lumen[http://www.lumen-chicago.com/] on Friday the 25th; details here. Word is he’ll debut his next single live—or just catch it on the Internet 30 seconds later.
10. Venetian Night: Been there, done that? Skip the touristy ballyhoo and stop by Quartino’s from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday the 30th for a wine tasting with a nod to the annual boat parade: Twenty bucks gets you a flight of five Italian wines and light apps.
9 hours ago