Nearly three years after launching in Wicker Park, le Dress—a locally-owned, dress-only boutique—opened a second, temporary storefront this past Friday at The Shops at North Bridge. Called le Dress deux (520 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-222-1718, ledresschicago.com), the new location also offers frocks for all occasions. “Even though we only have a one-year lease, we didn’t want to use ‘pop up’ in the name,” says Robyn Anderson Baldenegro, who co-owns both boutiques with her sister-in-law Eva Anderson. “We wanted something to differentiate it a little bit; we didn’t want it to seem too short term.” Selling dresses mostly ranging in price from $40 to $500, le Dress deux carries designs from Shoshanna and Yumi Kim, le Dress’s signature line, and the local designers Kristin Hassan, RÜCH, and Rach B. “The new boutique will be carrying more styles from our local designers so we can produce more of a local, small boutique vibe,” Anderson Baldenegro says.“Our goal is to keep the same feel and atmosphere of the Division Street store.” We liked the hot pink, tiered silk dress with side cutouts by Greylin ($128); a gray, black, and chartreuse, ruffle-front silk and ponte dress by Jay Godfrey ($440); a black tiger-print ‘70s style silk maxi by Luna ($298); and a short-sleeve charcoal cotton T-shirt dress by Three Dots ($106). The boutique celebrates its grand opening with giveaways and a free gift with each purchase Friday, May 6th, through Sunday, May 8th.
Top Sales This Week
On Wednesday, April 20th, from 4 to 8:30 p.m.,K. Amato (1229 W. Diversey Pkwy.; 312-882-1366, k-amato.com) offers hundreds of earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and accessories for $5, $10, and $15. The boutique is also offering 30 percent off all spring and summer jewelry during the sale.
Objets d’Envy (773-525-1047, objetsdenvy.com) hosts its Sparkle! Nosh! Pose! at Province (161 N. Jefferson St.; 312-669-9900, provincerestaurant.com) on Thursday, April 21st from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event features new spring/summer jewelry, a 50 percent off table of jewelry, pink drinks, appetizers, and the photographer Amy Creyer. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Best of the Rest
- Greenheart Shop (1911 W. Division St.; 312-264-1625, greenheartshop.org) hosts its annual Living La Vida Verde in conjunction with the Center for Cultural Interchange (cci-exchange.com) on Saturday, April 30th. The event, a volunteer project, starts at 11 a.m. at the Wicker Park Field House (1425 N. Damen Ave.; 312-742-7553) and will include educational workshops from 1 to 4 p.m. After the event, Greenheart will host a celebration with organic food and wine and live music. RSVP is required; contact Andrea Dennis at email@example.com to reserve your spot.
- Save 22 percent on all online purchases at Lara Miller (931 W. Cornelia Ave.; 773-296-4442, laramiller.net) this month in honor of Earth Day; enter promo code “earthday22” to get the discount. Additionally, the boutique will donate 8 percent of its April sales to the Waterkeeper Alliance (waterkeeper.org).
- Sarca (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com) offers 9.75 percent off all merchandise through Friday, April 22nd, in honor of tax day.
- Buy three or more shirts at Phillips Men’s Wear (100 E. Station St., Barrington; 847-381-1282) to get a 25 percent discount.
- Krista K Maternity + Baby (3530 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-4477, kristak.com) holds a Maternal America trunk show through Saturday, April 30th. Purchase two or more Maternal America pieces to receive a 20 percent discount.
- When you consign a wedding gown at WhiteXCHANGE.com this month, the online boutique by White Chicago (222 W. Huron St.; 312-397-1571, whitechicago.com) and owners Ursula Guyer and Stacy Senechalle will donate $1 to The Nature Conservancy (www.plantabillion.org).
- Fashion for Fertility features a three-course luncheon and silent auction of handbags and accessories on Saturday, April 23rd, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Four Seasons Chicago (120 E. Delaware Pl., 7th floor; 312-280-8800). The event, hosted by the Fertility Centers of Illinois (fcionline.com), will benefit RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association. Tickets, $30, are available through Wednesday, April 20th.
- Take 20 percent off any $100 purchase at Grasshopper 510 (grasshopper510.com) through Wednesday, April 20th. Use promo code “stillhere.”
- The Wilmette Theatre (1122 Central Ave., Wilmette; 847-251-7424, wilmettetheatre.com) debuts Nena Ivon’s Hurray For Hollywood, a fashion show featuring looks and designers who influenced the 1930s and 1940s, on Thursday, April 28th, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, $18, are available at wilmettetheatre.com.
2 days ago