The sisters Alexis and Camille Cozzini recently kicked off a dual-business collaboration in the Gold Coast, allowing them to open separate and individually owned boutiques under a shared address at 710 North Wabash Avenue. “We were both looking for spots in the area and then found a space that was too big for one store,” says Alexis, a 12-year fashion retail veteran. “Our mom came up with the idea to put up a wall, splitting the space in half.” Aside from the same address and opening date (November 24th), the shops are two completely different entities; each sister solely runs her respective shop. Alexis’s Sarca (312-255-0900, shopsarca.com), named after a river that runs near the Cozzini family’s house in Italy, carries women’s designer clothing, accessories, and shoes. Primarily offering items from London, France, and Italy, the high-end boutique brings to Chicago more than two dozen designers, many of whom previously weren’t available in the city. Exclusives include Jane Carr, Stefanel, and Bex Rox. The current lines feature a Bex Rox gold chain and Onyx necklace that can be changed into a bracelet ($980); Stefanel cable knit coats in a cream and light grey blend ($715); Markus Lupfer sequin sweaters in gray, ivory, or black (from $398); and Alberto Fasciani leather riding boots in black or brown (from $1,100). Meanwhile, Camille owns Odile (312-255-0800, shopodile.com), a luxury European children’s wear boutique with items for newborns to six-year-olds. “These items are meant to be kept and passed down,” Camille says. “They’re heirloom items.” Odile, a female name that means “to have wealth” in French, also carries a few designers that are new to the area, such as Le Nouveau-Né and Victoria Christmas. Right now you’ll find La Stupenderia rabbit hair booties in cream, pink, or purple ($205); Le Nouveau-Né faux fur lined buggy liner in white or black ($800) with matching snowsuit ($604); and Klippan printed wool blankets (from $198). Even though the boutiques cater to two different niches, the sisters arranged to carry some coordinating items. For instance, Odile carries a children’s version of the previously mentioned Alberto Fasciani leather riding boots ($700). Next spring, the shops will carry matching mother and baby swimwear in various styles from Zimmermann.
Top Sales This Week
Enjoy discounts on jewelry, fashion, and accessories from dozens of Chicago designers at Shop in Chicago on Wednesday, December 2nd from 5 to 9 p.m. Located at the Drake Hotel (140 E. Walton Pl.), the free event features complimentary manicures and makeup applications, and a raffle. For more information or reservations, visit raymiproductions.com.
Glitter, an annual holiday shopping event, features more than 35 local fashion designers and boutiques on Thursday, December 3rd from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Preston Bradley Hall of the Chicago Cultural Center (78 E. Washington St.). For more information, visit chicagofashionresource.com.
Fashion Rocks Chicago (fashionrockschicago.com) and See More Shopping (seemoreshopping.com) host a Fashion and Shopping Extravaganza with clothing and jewelry from eight local designers—including Evil Kitty (evilkitty.net) and 5p1t (5p1t.com)—on Saturday, December 5th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Creative Lounge Chicago (1564 N. Damen Ave., 3rd floor). The free event also includes snacks and a raffle. RSVP to email@example.com.
The Best of the Rest
- Water Tower Place (835 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-440-3580, shopwatertower.com) features Shopping Tuesdays through December 15th. Receive a $30 gift card with any $200 purchase every Tuesday. Also enjoy free makeovers, giveaways, deals, and more from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Lee Allison Company (1820 W. Webster Ave.; 773-276-7172, leeallison.com), a local necktie and dress shirt designer, discounts ties, bow ties, cummerbunds, and shirts, during its holiday open house sale on Saturday, December 5th; Sunday, December 6th; Saturday, December 12th; and Sunday, December 13th.
- Buy a coat and a pair of boots at Perchance Boutique (3512 N. Southport Ave.; 773-244-1300, perchanceboutique.com) on Friday, December 4th or Saturday, December 5th, and receive 15 percent off. To receive discount online, enter promo code “c&b15%” at checkout. Discount only applies to full-price merchandise.
- The One of a Kind Show and Sale features handmade furniture, sculptures, clothing, accessories, and paintings from more than 500 artists, Thursday, December 3rd through Sunday, December 6th at the Merchandise Mart (222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, 8th fl.; 312-527-4141). Tickets, $12, are available at oneofakindshowchicago.com.
- The 14th annual Southport Holiday Stroll runs along Southport Avenue between Belmont Avenue and Irving Park Road, in Lake View on Friday, December 4th from 5 to 9 p.m.
- The Renegade Craft Fair (773-227-2707, renegadecraft.com) holds its holiday sale with knitting, jewelry, clothing, and gifts from more than 150 vendors Saturday, December 5th and Sunday, December 6th at the Pulaski Park Fieldhouse (1419 W. Blackhawk St.).
- Enjoy drinks, snacks, and 25 percent off everything (excluding Michael Stars and Red Engine Jeans) at Hubba-Hubba (3309 N. Clark St.; 773-477-1414, hubbahubbachicago.com) on Saturday, December 5th and Sunday, December 6th.
- The Children’s Clinic introduces a market during the holiday house walk at the 19th Century Club (178 Forest Ave., Oak Park) with jewelry, art, and accessories from more than 40 artisans and food vendors on Friday, December 4th from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, December 5th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets, $5 and up, are available at childrenscliniciws.org.
- The Mitchell Museum of the American Indian (3001 Central St., Evanston; 847-475-1030, mitchellmuseum.org) holds its annual Native Arts Holiday Bazaar with handmade paintings, ceramics, jewelry, and clothing from more than 20 regional vendors on Saturday, December 5th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, December 6th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Winterfest Weekend in Roscoe Village (773-327-5123, rvcc.biz) features late night shopping from local boutiques on Saturday, December 5th and afternoon shopping on Sunday, December 6th.
- Meet the model Alessandra Ambrosio at Victoria’s Secret (734 N. Michigan Ave.; victoriassecret.com) on Tuesday, December 1st from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Chic Gems (chicgemsetc.com) and Beijo Bags (beijobags.com) host a holiday shopping event in the lobby at 525 West Van Buren Street on Wednesday, December 2nd from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Thursday, December 3rd from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Save up to 70 percent on jewelry and up to 20 percent on handbags, and receive a free gift with purchase from Chic Gems and Beijo Bags.
- Along Division Street between the Kennedy Expressway and Leavitt Street, save 25 to 50 percent on selected items at boutiques participating in the Do Division (do-division.com)Holiday Walk on Saturday, December 5th. Spend $40 anywhere on Division Street and bring receipts to D/Vision Optical (1756 W. Division St.), Elevenzees (1901 W. Division St.), Event Studio (2027 W. Division St.), or House of Two Urns (1239 N. Greenview Ave.) to receive a gift certificate worth 20 percent off at participating area shops and restaurants.
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its fine jewelry and timepieces auction Sunday, December 6th and Monday, December 7th at 12 p.m., with previews Wednesday, December 2nd through Saturday, September 5th.
- Beta Boutique (2016 W. Concord Pl.; 773-276-0905, betaboutique.com) holds its first-ever kids’ sample sale with 40 to 90 percent off designer clothing Friday, December 4th through Sunday, December 6th.
- More than 20 local clothing and accessory designers are featured at Macy’s (111 N. State St.; 312-781-4884, macys.com) on Thursday, December 3rd and Friday, December 4th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago