After a year of holding designer sample and overstock sales throughout Chicago, Re.Stock Shop (901 W. Madison St.; 312-243-9434, restockshop.com) recently settled into a semi-permanent showroom in the West Loop. The business in the new space will offer the same discounts as at its events—up to 80 percent off men’s and women’s designer clothing and accessories, from international brands such as Ted Baker (tedbaker-london.com) and local favorites including JLee Silver, Nai, and Chic Gems, Etc. Although based on the warehouse-sale concept, Re.Stock offers more of a boutique setting, with attentive staff members and new items arriving every week. The women’s inventory is plentiful, and the showroom features a full men’s division with everything from jeans and button-down shirts to sports jackets and hats. Re.Stock shop will operate in its temporary space through March 2011.
Top Sales This Week
The 900 Shops (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-915-3916, shop900.com) celebrates the holidays with $15 blowouts at Mario Tricoci (tricoci.com) as well as complimentary make-up applications at Bloomingdale’s (bloomingdales.com), shoe shines at John Allan’s (johnallans.com), cocktails, and a coat check on Level 6 through Friday, December 17th. Spend $25 and get a raffle ticket for a chance to win one of the daily giveaways, including a Michael Kors handbag, $500 shopping spree, or a pair of UGG Australia boots.
Save 20 percent on clothing, handbags, hats, belts, and jewelry at Michelle Tan (1872 N. Damen Ave., 773-252-1888; 108 N. State St., 312-701-1818; michelletan.com). The boutique also offers additional sale items for $30 to $50.
The Best of the Rest
- Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-1967, kristak.com) holds holiday trunk shows this week. Enjoy jewelry from Lana (lanajewelry.com) on Thursday, December 16th, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Rachel Olesker (rachelolesker.com) on Saturday, December 18th, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Buy a necklace at Riley (1659 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-0101, shopriley.com) and get a free pair of earrings.
- City Soles (1556 N. Damen Ave.; 2001 W. North Ave.; 773-489-2001) offers daily discounts through Friday, December 24th. The store will post the daily discount at citysoles.com.
- Take 25 percent off fall and winter apparel and selected gifts at M and Em’s (460 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn; 630-469-6040, mandems.com) during its end-of-clearance sale.
- Elizabeth Grace (2438 N. Clark St.; 773-477-9830, elizabethgrace.com) features gift wrapping and a children’s craft class on Saturday, December 18th, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Guests who spend $100 receive a $15 gift card.
- Mention “Green Gift Guide” at Green Home Experts (823 S. Oak Park Ave., Oak Park; 708-660-1443, ghexperts.com) to get 15 percent off holiday items.
- She Beads (821 Ridge Rd., Wilmette; 847-920-1923, sbstore.com) holds a Night of Diva Delights on Thursday, December 16th. Enjoy makeovers, hair styling, manicures, gift with purchase, and raffle prizes.
- Save 20 percent storewide at Wolfbait & B-Girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd.; 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) on Monday, December 20th. The boutique also holds a Megan Lee Designs trunk show on Saturday, December 18th.
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its fine jewelry and timepieces auction on Tuesday, December 14th, at 12 p.m., and Wednesday, December 15th, at 10 a.m.
- Julie Watson and Annie Barlow of JulieWatsonStyle (juliewatsonstyle.com) give holiday gift advice at Club Monaco (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-787-8757, clubmonaco.com) on Wednesday, December 15th, from 6 to 8 p.m.; shoppers also get 20 percent off at the boutique. RSVP to email@example.com. Also this season, buy a $450 JulieWatsonStyle gift certificate and get a free 20-minute True Facial from Exhale Spa (exhalespa.com).
- Neapolitan (715 Elm St., Winnetka; 847-441-7784, neapolitanonline.com) hosts the fine jewelry designer Kimberly McDonald on Thursday, December 16th, from 5 to 8 p.m. The Resort 2011 collection will be featured through Saturday, December 18th.
- Find great deals on previous collections at Lara Miller (931 W. Cornelia Ave.; 773-296-4442, laramiller.net) during the annual studio sale on December 19th.
- Macy’s (111 N. State St., 312-781-4884, macys.com) holds a DKNY holiday trend event with informal modeling on Wednesday, December 15th from 12 to 3 p.m. Also, save 30 percent on DKNY Tuesday, December 14th, through Monday, December 20th; spend $200 to receive a DKNY gift.
Closings and Relocations
Eileen Fisher Outlet (228 E. Golf Rd., Arlington Heights; 847-290-1717, eileenfisher.com) recently moved to the Schaumburg Promenade (1995 E. Golf Rd.).
Serpico Boutique (1514 N. Ashland Ave.; 773-252-5940, serpico-collection.com) closed earlier this month.
6 days ago