The appeal of shopping local is, well, location. Sometimes, though, it’s just easier to click those gifts into a virtual cart. Here’s a roundup of online holiday deals from Chicago businesses that you can take advantage of without leaving home.
Need that gift or holiday party outfit tonight (as in, a few hours from now)? For the ultimate procrastinator, Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-1967, kristak.com) offers same-day delivery to addresses in Chicago and select suburbs. Scour the website, then call the store to place your order by 1 p.m. (Monday through Friday), and receive it by 7 p.m. There is a $25 flat fee for the service, but orders over $500 ship complimentary.
At Lori’s Shoes (824 W. Armitage Ave., 773-281-5655, lorisshoes.com), shop for a statement necklace ($58.95; receive 20 percent off jewelry until December 19, in-store or online with code HOLIDAY20) and enjoy free shipping on all orders through December 25.
Gift a fashionable friend this Karl Lagerfeld tee by Mua Mua Dolls ($85) or score a bevy of fun hostess gifts from Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave., 773-929-3600, shoparteffect.com). Through December 25, say sayonara to shipping charges on orders over $75.
Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St., 773-395-2351, shoppenelopes.com) offers free ground shipping all orders over $100 for the remainder of the year. The store recently marked down fall and winter styles by 20 to 50 percent on brands like Sessun, Something Else, and Shades of Grey.
Top Sales This Week
Now through December 25, clothing boutique Trillium (1744 W. Division St., 773-698-8162, trilliumchicago.com) offers shoppers 30 percent off all purchases, in-store and online, with code HOLIDAY.
Purely Fashion (purelyapp.com), a new locally founded fashion app that connects shoppers with their favorite designers, is giving away merchandise valued at $275 on Friday. Download the app and tweet about Purely Fashion to be entered to win.
The Best of the Rest
- Lissa (750 N. Franklin St., 312-563-9470, lissachicago.com) discounts the entire store (including sale items) an extra 30 percent now through Saturday (the shop is closed tomorrow). Use code DEC30 to get the same deal online.
- Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave., 773-248-8180, jaysonhome.com) kicks off its semiannual Floor Model and More event on Friday, offering 30 to 50 percent off items through January 21.
- Be the early bird at The Denim Lounge (2039 W. Roscoe St., 773-935-2820, thedenimlounge.com) on Saturday, and snag 20 percent off your purchase from 9 to 10 a.m.
- Cerato Boutique (3451 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) helps you select the perfect ensemble to ring in 2013, with 30 percent off all dresses beginning on December 27. The discount decreases to 20 percent from December 29 to 30, and 10 percent on December 31 (the final day of the event).
- All merchandise (apparel, shoes, and accessories) at the Starr Couture pop-up shop (75 E. Walton St., 847-962-2207, starrcouture.com) is now 50 percent off until December 24. Remaining inventory will be marked down 70 percent December 26 through 31.
- Receive 20 percent off clothing at plus-size boutique Vive La Femme (2048 N. Damen Ave., 773-772-7429, vivelafemme.com) during a ladies-only shopping soiree—complete with complimentary mini-makeovers by Benefit Cosmetics—on December 27, from 6 to 8 p.m. Champagne and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- Stella Blue Design (3714 N. Southport Ave., 773-883-2583, stellabluedesign.com) hosts a trunk show with the eco-friendly Chicago designer Five Accessories tomorrow, from 6 to 9 p.m., when the brand’s fair trade handbags and holiday clutches will be reduced up to 65 percent for the occasion. Additionally, your jewelry purchase of over $100 will snag you a free pair of earrings.
Sales Check takes a break next Tuesday, December 25. We’ll return on Wednesday, January 2. Happy holidays!
2 days ago
2 days ago
2 days ago