Moving On Up
Libertyville’s vintage couture–inspired boutique Kathryn Kerrigan (741 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville; 847-557-5067, kathrynkerrigan.com) recently relocated to a bigger space, increasing its selection of clothing, accessories, and—most importantly—shoes. “We’re a really fun, young brand that has both quality and comfort, ” says the designer, Kathryn Kerrigan. While her clothing and jewelry are made in the United States, her handbags and shoes—what she calls the boutique’s “bread and butter”—are manufactured in Spain. “Since I knew I was going to put my name behind the label, I was looking for high quality, and Spain has been known for years for its beautiful shoes,” says Kerrigan, 28, who studied and learned to make shoes by hand in Spain for a year. Initially for taller women, Kathryn Kerrigan now carries shoes in European sizes 36 to 46 (U.S. sizes 5 to 15). The selection includes orange patent leather, open toe pumps ($199); black crinkled leather ballet flats with a rubber sole ($89); and black patent leather, round toe pumps ($329). Other fashionable favorites include the shiny purple patent leather, animal-print handbag ($399) and black pencil skirt ($199). Previously located across town in Libertyville, the upgraded boutique opened a few weeks ago and offers already discounted fall and winter style shoes for an additional 20 percent off. Now through March 15th, shoppers can also enter to win a $150 gift card. In addition to its boutique deals, Kathryn Kerrigan extends its warehouse sale, offering 75 percent off clothing and up to 80 percent off shoes—such as tall black suede boots with a two-inch heel (originally $399, now $139) and black patent leather booties (originally $329, now $99)—through Feb. 28th. Kerrigan plans to open a second boutique, in Chicago just off the Magnificent Mile, by the end of summer.
Top Sales This Week
ZaZa Salon and Day Spa (1101 S. Milwaukee Ave., Suite 101, Vernon Hills; 847-793-1111) hosts its grand opening event with complimentary mini-treatments—chair and hand massages, hand exfoliations, eyebrow or lip waxing—and professional consultations, as well as free food, drinks, and samples of Davines body shimmer, Dermalogica skin care products, and more. Guests may enter to win a variety of prizes, including day-spa packages, manicure and pedicure services, and blow dryers. Those who join the ZaZa Salon Facebook group page in advance receive 20 percent off new services booked at the event. Feb. 27th from 11 to 4 p.m. and Feb. 28th from 12 to 3 p.m.
p.45 (1643 N. Damen Ave.; 773-862-4523, p45.com) showcases its spring collection of tops, skirts, jackets, dresses, and more at its seventh annual Girls Night Out Feb. 26th from 5 to 8 p.m. The event features mini shoulder massages from Bliss Spa (blissworld.com), drinks from VitaminWater, gift bags, and a variety of raffle prizes, such as gift certificates to nearby boutiques and salons. RSVP at email@example.com or call 773-862-4523.
The Best of the Rest
- Pivot (1101 W. Fulton Mkt.; 312-243-4754, pivotboutique.com) holds a launch party with free cocktails to celebrate its new vintage line in conjunction with Monica Dimperio of The MidWasteland blog (themidwasteland.com), Feb. 26th from 6 to 9 p.m. Shoppers who purchase any vintage item receive 30 percent off new merchandise.
- The Bucktown emporium Galleria 1712 (1712 W. North Ave.; 773-235-1712, galleria1712.com) holds a launch party with clothing, accessories, ceramics, handmade jewelry, artwork, and photography from more than 20 designers, Feb. 28th from 6 to 9 p.m. The free event includes drinks, snacks, and music by DJ Crystal.
- Knickers of Glen Ellyn (492 Main St., Glen Ellyn; 630-469-2727) and its partner, Bistro Monet (462 N. Park Blvd., Glen Ellyn; 630-469-4002), reward shoppers with a $5 gift certificate for every $25 purchase in February. Gift certificates can be used at the partnering business by March 31st.
- Luxury eyeglasses and sunglasses shop Spex (18 W. First St., Hinsdale; 630-323-1100, spexchicago.com) holds an opening reception for ART+VISION Feb. 27th from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The event includes a Chanel eyewear trunk show, drinks, and hors d’oeuvres as well as photography by Peter Bosy, which will be on display through April 10th.
- Urban Spa Chic (1401 W. Hubbard St.; 312-492-8050, urbanspachic.com) offers one-hour neuromuscular therapy—also known as deep-tissue massage—this week for $80, from $100.
- The bedding outlet United Feather & Down (414 E. Golf Rd., Des Plaines; 847-296-6610, ufandd.com) expands its selection of bedding products and extends its hours to Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pillows, comforters, blankets, and more are always 50 percent off retail.
- The building and home supplies shop Green Home Experts (823 S. Oak Park Ave., Oak Park; 708-937-5403, ghexperts.com) celebrates one year with refreshments, product demonstrations, the opening of a new kitchen and bath gallery, Feb. 28th from 12 to 4 p.m. Green building professionals will also be available to answer questions. Throughout February, guests who donate non-perishable foods to the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry (oprffoodpantry.org) or select items to the Oak Park Animal Care League (animalcareleague.org)—dog toys, dishwasher detergent, sponges, toilet paper, paper towels, postage stamps—receive 10 percent off their purchase. Guests may also donate money to either organization to obtain the discount.
- Genevieve Lethu (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-423-9948, genevievelethu.com) holds its annual linen sale with 20 percent off table and kitchen linens, through Feb. 28th. Additional sale items, including Corso Fiorelli dinnerware, are 50 to 60 percent off.
- The housewares design company Alessi (611 N. State St.; 312-274-6500, alessi.com) offers 30 to 75 percent off its excess stock of barware, assorted fruit bowls, clocks, and other popular pieces through Feb. 28th.
- Lincoln Park’s Halo [For Men] (654 W. Diversey Pkwy.; 773-248-4256, halochicago.com) continues its grand opening celebration with $29 haircuts for first-time customers through Feb. 28th.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago