A Flower Blooms on Division Street
Wicker Park’s latest shop, Trillium (1744 W. Division St.; 773-698-8162, trilliumchicago.com), brings the city a fresh, eclectic selection of casual tops, bottoms, shoes, and accessories for men and women. “Specifically on Division Street, there isn’t any other high-end, everyday boutique,” says the owner, Erica Cook, who worked at both Tangerine (1719 N. Damen St.; 773-772-0505) and Shopbop (shopbop.com). “We carry pieces that are classic, but not super trendy . . . and we have a lot of lines that no one else carries.” Opened in late October 2010, Trillium carries items that range in price from $50 for a T-shirt to $700 for winter coats. New arrivals include silk print dresses by Cynthia Vincent ($250 to $350) and women’s slouch khakis pants from Vince ($200). For men, look for chino pants in khaki, gray, green, and maroon ($88), and men’s plaid print shirts ($80), both from Bonobos. “Bonobos is solely online, so we’re the first to try the line out in a store,” says Cook. This spring, look for other exclusive collections at Trillium, including items from Brooklyn-based Jackson Johnston and Roe, and the French designer Alice Ritter.
Top Sales This Week
Macy’s on State Street (111 N. State St.; 312-781-1000, macys.com) honors Eunice W. Johnson, the creator of Ebony Fashion Fair (ebonyfashionfair.com), with a private archive fashion exhibit Wednesday, February 2nd, through Monday, February 7th. During the event, guests who spend at least $50 on Fashion Fair cosmetics get a free tote. Also, shoppers who wear red while shopping from February 2nd, through Sunday, February 6th, receive 20 percent off selected merchandise for National Wear Red Day.
PrettyCity (prettycity.com) offers massages, facials, and more at local spas and salons, Tuesday, February 1st, through Monday, February 28th, for its annual “Love You” campaign. Visit prettycity.com/love for a full list of participants and deals.
The Best of the Rest
- Gallery 1028 (1028 N. Hooker St.; 312-239-2328, gallery-1028.com) holds a Brides, Bubbles and Bliss event (bridesbubblesandbliss.com) with former America’s Next Top Model winner and Lake Forest native, Brittany McKey Sullivan, on Wednesday, February 2nd, from 6 to 9 p.m. Guests enjoy Champagne and a look at the latest couture gowns, wedding vendors, and more. Tickets ($20 to $65 for single, $95 to $200 for groups) are available at bridesbubblesandbliss.com.
- Save 10 percent on a new selection of customizable Valentine’s Day cards from U Stationery (312-772-2750, ustationery.com). Enter online promo code VDAY10 to get the discount.
- The Spa at the Elysian Hotel (11 E. Walton St.; 312-646-1310, elysianhotels.com/spa-and-health-club) now features Pacific Islands-inspired treatments through March 31st. Enjoy a 60-minute Tahitian fruit wrap for $180, a 60-minute Lomi Lomi massage for $175, a 90-minute Lomi Lomi massage for $260, or a 90-minute pineapple scrub facial with a coconut foot-and-hand treatment for $230.
- Solo Salon (1065 W. Madison St.; 312-491-9771, solo-salon.com) offers various discounts through Monday, February 28th, including 15 percent off a bikini or Brazilian wax as well as an express style for $35. Visit solo-salon.com and click on the “Events” tab for a full list of deals.
- Blo Dri (408 N. Clark St.; 312-595-3000, blodri.com) offers first-time clients a free hair cut with any color service purchased this month.
- Crosell & Co. (1922 N. Damen Ave.; 773-252-9010, crosellandco.com) recently opened a second Chicagoland location at the 900 Shops (900 N. Michigan Ave., level 5; 312-266-4500).
- For Valentine’s Day, the Spa @ Equinox (900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-254-2500; 799 Central Ave., Highland Park, 847-681-7777; 1750 N. Clark St., 312-254-4000; 200 W. Monroe St., 312-252-3100; equinox.com) offers a 60-minute chocolate facial and skin analysis for $155 through Monday, February 28th.
- Heaven Gallery (1550 N. Milwaukee Ave., second floor; 773-342-4597, heavengallery.com) holds its next Vintage Heaven sale even—themed Dressing Outside the Box—with accessories and clothing from local designers on Saturday, February 5th, and Sunday, February 6th, from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Renaissance Chicago North Shore (933 Skokie Blvd., Northbrook; 847-498-6500, marriott.com) offers two discounted packages in February. The Romance Package, starting at $189, features an overnight stay, chocolate-covered strawberries, a bottle of Champagne, and breakfast for two. The Ruth Chris Dinner Package, also starting at $189, bundles an overnight stay, a $100 Ruth Chris gift card, and breakfast for two.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago