The new Jack Spade on Oak Street (47 E. Oak St.; 312-915-0315, jackspade.com), right across the street from the standalone Kate Spade shop, features the prep-school, smart-aleck style that has made the line popular. Look for the signature collection messenger bags, briefcases, and duffel bags in nylon canvas (from $195) and leather (from $345), along with a great selection of winter wears: cozy flannel or striped cotton shirts (from $165), merino sweaters ($225), and the Scottish mackintosh coat ($995). “Our apparel and bags are well made and functional, but there’s room to have a personality, too,” says Chad Buri, the New York–based head of marketing. Accessories range from iPad covers ($69.95) to composition-notebook-inspired wallets ($125). The new boutique can be found in the same brownstone that houses locally owned men’s shop George Greene—a purveyor of high-end European fashion—and newcomer Shrine, which is a destination for dapper accessories. -By Rebecca Little
Top Sales This Week
Brian Campbell of the Chicago Blackhawks makes an appearance at State Street Barbers (1151 W. Webster Ave.; 773-477-7721, statestreetbarbers.com) on Saturday, February 26th, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., for the “Get a Cut for Campbell for Kids” promotion. Campbell will sign autographs and pose for photos; shoppers can register for the raffle for a chance to win signed jerseys, hockey pucks, two tickets to a Blackhawks game with a tour of the locker room, and more. Guests of the Webster shop also get a haircut and hot lather shave for $51 (originally $67). State Street Barbers will donate a portion of weekend sales to Campbell for Kids, the foundation Campbell started in 2009 to help children with special needs.
Cynthia Rowley (1653 N. Damen Ave.; 773-276-9209, cynthiarowley.com) holds its spring preview event on Thursday, February 24th, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., with 20 percent off clothing and accessories and free beauty tips, manicures, mini makeovers, hair styling, drinks, and sweets. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Best of the Rest
- Get an additional 50 percent off sale items at ENAZ (444 Central Ave., Highland Park, 847-433-6466; 309 Happ Rd., Northfield, 847-446-5551; shopenaz.com) through Friday, February 25th.
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its marketplace auction on Wednesday, February 23rd, and Thursday, February 24th, at 12 p.m.
- The Chicago florist Mike Hines and his business partner, Mikel Laughlin, have opened an Epoch Floral Market pop-up shop in Lincoln Park, offering a fresh selection of bunched cut flowers on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at Furla’s old storefront (1211 W. Webster Ave.). The pop-up is scheduled to run through mid-March, but if it does well, may stick around longer.
- ULTA on State Street (114 S. State St.; 312-279-5083, ulta.com) hosts a Deva Curl event featuring its co-creator Lorraine Massey, the author of the bestseller Curly Girl: The Handbook, on Wednesday February 23rd, from 12 to 2 p.m. Guests receive a complimentary 12-ounce Mist-er Right Curl revitalizer with any $20 Deva Curl purchase and the chance to win a copy of Massey’s book. Women with curls may also have a personal hair consultation; call 312-279-5083 to book.
- Get up to 90 percent off designer denim, dresses, and more during the sample sale at Veruca Salt (1921 N. Damen Ave.; 773-276-9888, shopverucasalt.com) on Friday, February 25th, through Sunday, February 27th.
- LensCrafters (for locations, lenscrafters.com) holds its semi-annual lens sale, featuring 50 percent off lenses with any frame purchase, through Sunday, April 3rd.
- Aphora Day Spa (2300 Chestnut Ave., Glenview; 847-510-1240, aphoradayspa.com) offers an assortment of discounts through Monday, February 28th. Deals include a 30-minute massage, 30-minute facial, and an express manicure and pedicure package for $125 (originally $155); and a 50-minute massage, 50-minute facial, and classic manicure and pedicure package for $200 (originally $248).
- Sacred Art (4619 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-728-2803, sacredartstore.com) celebrates five years with a party on Friday, February 25th. Guests have the chance to enter a raffle with prizes from Sacred Art artists.
- Mention that you love discounts at Wolfbait & B-girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd.; 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) through Friday, February 25th, and get 20 percent off one full-price item.
3 days ago
6 days ago