Whimsical Wedding Wear
One month after the arrival of Vera Wang (945 N. Rush St.; 312-379-5355, verawang.com), Anthropologie’s bridal brand BHLDN (8 E. Walton St.; 312-573-2573, bhldn.com), pronounced “beholden,” opened its second U.S. outpost in the Gold Coast today. The event is held in conjunction with the one-year anniversary of the line, previously only available online and in Houston, home of the first boutique. The new store gives Chicagoans first-hand access to the vintage- and bohemian-styled goods with two floors split up into four sections: wedding gowns ($600 to $6,000), special occasion dresses ($200 to $1,000), accessories ($25 to $1,200), and décor (from $10)—with a mix of inspirational items in all shapes and sizes.
Top Sales This Week
Local designers Ashley Zygmunt of Zamrie (1213 W Diversey Pkwy; 630-253-0342, zamrie.com) and Miriam Carlson of Miriam Cecilia (1223 W. Diversey Pkwy; 815-519-1730, miriamcecilia.com) team up for their first shopping series on Wednesday, February 15. The series will continue every third Wednesday of the month through September.
On Saturday, February 18 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mark Shale (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-440-0720, markshale.com) hosts a trunk show featuring Samuelsohn (samuelsohn.com), Skip Gambert (skipgambert.com), Torino (torinoleather.com), Seaward and Stearn, Marcoliani (marcoliani.it), and Eyebobs (eyebobs.com). Refreshments included.
The Best of the Rest
- Michael Kors (michaelkors.com), DNA 2050 (dna2050.com), Space519 (space519.com), and other retailers at the 900 Shops (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-915-3916, shop900.com) celebrate Presidents’ Day with “Tax Free” shopping on Saturday, February 18 through Monday, February 20. Enjoy a 9.75 percent discount at participating shops (visit shop900.com/taxfree for the full list) as well as a $10 parking validation with any purchase.
- Buy one full-price item, and receive 50 percent off a second item of equal or lesser value at Bedside Manor (800-485-4744; for locations, shopbedside.com) through Monday, February 20.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) showcases the latest trends for Spring 2012 on Wednesday, February 15 through Wednesday, February 22. Spend at least $350 on regular-priced women’s apparel, accessories, shoes, handbags, or jewelry during the event and receive a pair of sterling silver Ippolita (ippolita.com) earrings.
- Take 30 percent off any non-sale item at Grasshopper 510 (773-292-0510, grasshopper510.com) through Wednesday, February 29. Use promo code “sweetday” to receive discount.
- Haberdash EDC (611 N. State St.; 312-646-7870, haberdashmen.com) offers straight razor shaves for men ($15) every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Save 30 percent at Mali Jewelry (204 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-263-0326, malijewelry.com) with promo code “30” through Wednesday, February 29.
- Buy two pairs of jeans this month at The Blues Jean Bar (2210 N. Halsted St.; 773-248-5326, thebluesjeanbar.com) and receive a 20 percent discount. The deal will also be available online, via promo code “lovebirds”.
- Johnathan Breitung Salon & Luxury Spa (3226 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-348-1800, johnathanbreitungsalon.com) offers month-long deals in honor of Valentine’s Day. Women can enjoy a sugar scrub manicure and pedicure, and blow dry for $115. Meanwhile, men can enjoy a 60-minute signature massage or gentleman’s facial with pedicure for $119.
2 weeks ago