Sweat in Style
Last week, Nike opened Nike Training Club (833 W. Armitage, facebook.com/ntclincolnpark), its new ladies-only retail and studio in Lincoln Park. The boutique portion of the store carries a nice assortment of gear—including printed running tights and Legend pants ($65), ballet-inspired footwear ($110), and Nike + Fuelbands ($149)—all of these products, however, can be found at the enormous Nike flagship on Michigan Avenue; the upstairs space is what’s truly noteworthy in the training club. A studio on the second floor offers free group classes seven days a week. (And this isn’t just a first bite on the house to suck you in!) Every class is always complimentary and women can sign up for four 45-minute workouts per week. Local trainers and instructors lead classes like yoga, barre-based workouts, and running clubs. Reserve your spot up to a week in advance online at gonike.me/NTCLP.
Top Sales This Week
It’s out with the old and in with the new at Krista K (3458 N. Southport, kristak.com). During the month of February, every pair of gently-loved denim you donate to the store will earn you 20 percent off a fresh pair.
Shop (and save) local. Chicago designer Zamrie (1213 W. Diversey, zamrie.com) is holding a 50 percent off sale on fall and winter apparel until the end of today, February 5. Shop online with code GoodbuyWinter.
The Best of the Rest
- BHLDN (8 E. Walton, bhldn.com) celebrates the one-year anniversary of its Gold Coast opening with an in-store fete on Thursday, February 7 from 5 to 8 p.m. Get the first look at the boho bridal boutique’s spring collection while sipping prosecco and nibbling light bites. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bloomingdale’s (900 N. Michigan, 312-440-4596, bloomingdales.com) is ringing in the Chinese New Year this weekend. From Thursday, February 7 through Sunday, February 10, shoppers will be handed a red envelope that could be filled with a gift card worth $8, $88, or $888—a traditional lucky number.
- Trunk Club (325 W. Ohio, 312-266-8700, trunkclub.com) holds a Valentine’s shopping event on Thursday, February 7 from 6 to 9 p.m. Guys, get your shopping done in one night: The men’s outfitter is bringing in gourmet chocolate, flower, and jewelry vendors to help a brother out.
- Valentine’s Day gift ideas abound at Dose Market (435 E. Illinois, dosemarket.com), which returns to the River East Art Center on Sunday, February 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Newly opened Epoch Studio Salon (1147 W. Ohio, Ste. 406, 312-224-1700, epochchicago.com) in Noble Square is holding a $60 Lips, Lashes and Locks special for V-day. Sip on champagne and snack on chocolates while your hair is styled, lips are painted, and lashes are applied. Book your appointment between February 12 and February 16.
- The Red Balloon Co. (theredballoon.com) sets up a warehouse sale at 1960 North Damen Avenue from Thursday, February 7 through Sunday, February 10. Bargain bins will be filled with children’s brands like City Threads, Charlie Rocket, and Splendid.
2 weeks ago