Presidents’ Day has a history of being one of the better shopping days of the year: Mix a three-day weekend with retailers who need to move their winter stock, and you’ve got the perfect sale storm. Rather than making us traipse around the city in what’s guaranteed to be less-than-ideal weather conditions, Hotel Lincoln (1816 N. Clark St., 312-254-4700, hotellincolnchicago.com) is bringing together 14 vendors under its roof with a Presidents’ Day Pop-Up Market. Stop by the renovated boutique hotel from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday to shop cosmetics from Arch Apothecary (archapothecary.com), menswear from Bonobos (bonobos.com), affordable fashion from Piper Boutique (piperboutique.com), custom pillows by bethie b. (bethieb.com), and handcrafted bicycles from Heritage Bicycles General Store (heritagebicycles.com). While you’re at it, treat yourself to small-batch doughnuts and coffee from Do-Rite (doritedonuts.com) and down a few glasses of complimentary bubbly from Illinois Sparkling Co. (illinoissparklingco.com). Admission is free.
Top Sales This Week
The 900 North Michigan Shops hold their annual Tax Free Weekend (shop900.com/taxfree) from Saturday through Monday. The deal equates to a 9.25 percent discount at more than 35 participating shops, including J.Crew, Michael Kors, MaxMara, Club Monaco, and Charles David. Plus, take advantage of a special $10 validated parking rate during the event.
Find a sparkly gift on sale at Objets d’Envy (objetsdenvy.com). Now through Friday, use code VAL20 to treat yourself to 20 percent off any online order.
The Best of the Rest
- The Vintage Bazaar (thevintagebazaar.com) holds its latest roving flea market in Lincoln Square this weekend at DANK Haus German American Cultural Center (4740 N. Western Ave.). Shop vintage furniture, décor, clothing, and accessories on Friday night from 7 to 10 p.m. or Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets for Friday night cost $20 (or $35 for two) online, and include one free Big Star taco and one free Scofflaw cocktail. Saturday’s festivities are free.
- Save up to 60 percent on winter gear at Patagonia in Lincoln Park (1800 N. Clybourn Ave., 312-951-0518, patagonia.com) and the Gold Coast (48 E. Walton St., 312-640-5934, patagonia.com) during the store’s end-of-season clearance sale, happening through February 19.
- Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings is currently showcasing more than 250 pieces at Divine Consign’s pop-up sale, which is being held at an Oak Park warehouse (411 W. Harrison St.). Luxury home furnishings from brands such as Lee Industries, Bunny Williams Home, and CR Laine are marked 50 to 70 percent off retail. The sale runs through Sunday.
- Bella Bleu (143 N. Northwest Hwy., Park Ridge, 847-696-7152, bellableubridal.com) holds its semi-annual sample sale from Friday through February 28. Bridal jewelry, shoes, accessories, and handbags will be marked up to 70 percent off. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcome.
- Through Thursday, all dresses and jewelry are 15 percent off and sales items are buy-one-get-one-half-off at Presence (5216 N. Clark St., 773-989-4420, presencechicago.com).
- Love is in the hair at Sine Qua Non’s Lincoln Park (2766 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-871-2280, sinequanonsalons.com) and Lake View (3417 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-404-8789, sinequanonsalons.com) locations. Book a makeup application/blow-out combo for $70 (normally $100) and let the stylists handle your Valentine’s date prep. The sweet offer is valid Thursday through Saturday at the Lincoln Park salon and Thursday only in Lake View.
- Celebrity designer Thom Filicia is hosting a book signing of his latest read, American Beauty: Renovating and Decorating a Beloved Retreat, in The Kohler Store at the Merchandise Mart (222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza) tomorrow, from 6 to 8 p.m.
3 days ago