A Chicago staple for high-glam vintage cocktail and eveningwear for 10 years, LuLu’s at the Belle Kay (3862 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-404-5858, lulusbellekay.com) is opening a second location that’s devoted completely to accessories: Lulu’s on the Avenue (900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-888-9149) debuts next Tuesday. Owner Laurie Davis has filled the space with a curated collection of baubles from the 1920s through 1980s, including her own line of statement necklaces made from one-of-a-kind brooches on vintage cabochon chains. Davis has also handpicked others’ creations to feature in the store, including those from former Oscar de la Renta jewelry designer Iradj Moini and costume jeweler Larry Vrba. There’s a little something for everyone, from oversized art deco pendant necklaces ($145) to python and Swarovski clutches ($975).
Top Sales This Week
This Thursday from 3 to 8 p.m., a handful of boutiques from different corners of the city will come together for a one-day-only “Wearhouse” sale at 15 East Pearson Street. Expect to find men’s and women’s apparel, accessories, and shoes at blow-out sale prices (up to 90 percent off) courtesy of boutiques such as The Denim Lounge (thedenimlounge.com), Londo Mondo (londomondo.com), Sara Jane (shopsarajane.com), Tribeca (shopattribeca.com), Riley (shopriley.com), and Click Shoes (clickshoes.net). Entry is free and shoppers are encouraged to purchase with cash.
Today, Naperville-based e-tailer The Tie Bar (thetiebar.com) launches a spring collection of boldly patterned bow ties designed by Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson. All bow ties are $25 and proceeds benefit the Respect for Marriage Coalition (respectformarriage.org).
The Best of the Rest
- In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday on Saturday, Open Books (213 W. Institute Pl., 312-475-1355, open-books.org) will offer a 20 percent discount on the store’s huge collection of donated children’s books. Festivities for kids—including face painting, readings, and crafts—will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- North Shore boutique Randoons (962 1/2 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, 847-784-1890, randoons.com) is closed this week while owner Randi Lamb refreshes it a bit. When the shop reopens on Saturday, it will house a new baby section and a refurbished women’s selection with spring lines from brands like Farm House Fresh, Rita Druzy, and Cult. In honor of the grand reopening, everything in the store will be 15 percent off on Saturday.
- One Million Degrees (onemilliondegrees.org) and Brooks Brothers host Suited for Success on Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Brooks Brothers at The Rookery (209 S. LaSalle St., 312-263-0100, brooksbrothers.com). A portion of the evening’s proceeds will support One Million Degrees’ goal of providing interview-worthy clothing and footwear to low-income community college students. Brooks Brothers will offer up complimentary cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and a 15 percent discount on purchases.
- Enaz (enaz.com) holds a blowout jewelry sale, with pieces marked 40 to 60 percent off at the shop’s Highland Park location (444 Central Ave., 847-433-6466) tomorrow, and at the Northfield store (309 Happ Rd., 847-446-5551) on Thursday.
- Beginning Friday, Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-1967, kristak.com) will house an expanded shoe salon with styles from designers such as Stuart Weitzman and Pour la Victoire, including collections (from the likes of Gastone Lucioli) not sold elsewhere in Chicago. Throughout the event (which runs through March 7), you’ll nab a $25 store gift card when your shoe purchase totals $200 or greater.
5 hours ago