Needle in a Haystack
Since opening last July in Lake View, the vintage boutique Haystack (2934 N. Broadway; 773-549-1225, haystackvintage.com) has augmented its original stash of antique objects and clothing with a mix of fun items by local designers, such as graphic T-shirts by Isotope (two for $30) and adorable stitched artwork by Jac Jemc from $40. The owner, Phil Tadros, acquired his original stash of goods from a pair of 70 something-year-old twins whom he befriended during a stint working at a mobile-phone store. You’ll also find a quirky cache of Schwinn bikes with banana seats, retro chairs, old books, glassware, and even jewelry. It’s a one stop shop for all your vintage needs, and expect to spend a good chunk of time trolling through this adorable Haystack.
Top Sales This Week
Trousseau Lingerie and Swim (3543 N. Southport Ave.; 773-472-2727) will undergo a weeklong facelift but before it does stop in for storewide savings of 40 percent (including clearance merchandise) from Jan. 15th through 18th.
IKEA (1800 McConnor Pkwy., Schaumburg, 847-969-9700; 750 E. Boughton Rd., Bolingbrook, 630-972-7900; ikea-usa.com) holds its annual winter sale through Jan. 19th with 20 to 60 percent off selected items storewide.
The Best of the Rest
- Women’s boutique Veruca Salt (1921 N. Damen Ave., 773-276-9888; 521 N. Kingsbury St., 773-276-3888; shopverucasalt.com) holds a buy-one-get-one-half-off sale through Jan. 18th. Applies only to non-sale items.
- The Web site Active Endeavors (activeendeavors.com) holds its end-of-season sale with 60 percent off new arrivals and sale items.
- The Gold Coast discount bridal boutique White Chicago (222 W. Huron St.; 312-397-1571, whitechicago.com) celebrates its three-year anniversary by taking 10 percent off veils.
- The Web site Busted Tees (bustedtees.com) holds its semi-annual super sale with 100 shirts for $10 each through Jan. 18th.
- The designer boutique Chasalla (106 E. Oak St.; 312-640-1940, chasallafashion.com) takes up to 90 percent off fall and winter merchandise from designers such as D&G, Cavalli, and Versace.
- Halo for Men Salon and Spa’s Gold Coast location (21 W. Elm St., 312-642-4256, halochicago.com) offers $40 off massages and facials.
- Urban Spa Chic (1401 W. Hubbard St.; 312-492-8050, urbanspachic.com) takes 30 percent off select spa services now through the end of the month.
- The local designer Michelle Tan (1872 N. Damen Ave.; 773-252-1888, michelletan.com) takes up to 80 percent off handbags, jewelry, clothing, and accessories.
- The French home goods outpost Genevieve Lethu (900 N. Michigan Ave., level 4; 312-423-9948, genevieve-lethu.com) takes 30 to 50 percent off selected items throughout the month.
- The women’s boutique Bess & Loie (1015 W. Lake St.; 312-226-2247, bessandloie.com) takes up to 80 percent off selected items.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago