The European children’s brand Monnalisa (49 E. Oak St.; 312-929-2229, monnalisa.eu) and its sister store L.O.L. Kids (lol-kids.com) recently joined the long list of luxury boutiques on Oak Street. The side-by-side boutique, which opened in late 2010, is the brand’s third in U.S.; the other cities are New York City and Beverly Hills. Look for a variety of Italian-made lines for youngsters from three months to 16 years old, including Monnalisa, Monnalisa Bebe, NY&LON, and Hitch-Hiker. L.O.L. Kids carries the designers Sonia Rykiel, Roberto Cavalli, and Miss Grant. Our favorites from the spring/summer 2011 offerings include the Hitch-Hiker boys shirt in white and blue ($138), the NY&LON girl stripe leggings ($60), and the Jaki@@ black and white dress ($188).
Top Sales This Week
Enjoy 30 to 75 percent off selected men and women’s collections during the first-ever Steve Alan (stevenalan.com) Chicago sample sale at 67 East Oak Street on Thursday, January 27th, and Friday, January 28th, from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, January 29th, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, January 30th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Get up to 80 percent off at the Pagoda Red (1714 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-1188) warehouse sale on Saturday, January 29th, and Sunday, January 30th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Shoppers may enter to win a 19th century cinnabar lacquer Suzhou chest worth $1,480; to be eligible online, visit pagodared.com and sent the boutique a form e-mail with “rabbit” in the comments section.
The Best of the Rest
- Save 30 to 50 percent on jewelry, accessories, home décor, and more at CarefulPeach Boutique (1024 North Blvd., Oak Park; 708-383-3066, carefulpeach.com) through Sunday, January 30th. This is one of the two storewide sales the boutique will have in 2011.
- Indie Wed Chicago (indiewed.com) features more than 90 wedding vendors, food tastings, massages, mini manicures, and a runway show on Saturday, January 29th, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Ravenswood Event Center (4043 N. Ravenswood Ave.). General admission tickets are $12 through Friday; $20 at the door on Saturday; the runway show costs $5. Buy tickets in advance at indiewed.com.
- Mention “preferred sale pricing” at Isabella Fine Lingerie (840 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-281-2352, shopisabella.com) to receive exclusive discounts on selected items through Monday, February 14th.
- whiteCHICAGO (222 W. Huron St.; 312-397-1571, whitechicago.com) holds its second annual “Arming the Recessionista Bride” event with experts on wedding planning, floral arrangements, and more on Wednesday, January 26th, from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find shoes and pumps starting at $26, ballet flats starting at $89, and at least 20 percent off year-round shoes during the Kathryn Kerrigan (2031 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-7150, kathrynkerrigan.com) end of season warehouse sale Thursday, January 27th, through Sunday, January 30th.
- Branca (17 E. Pearson St., 312-787-1017; shopbranca.com) takes 15 to 50 percent off everything through Saturday, January 29th.
- Take 30 percent off all full-price merchandise during the Dress Up Boutique (1937 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-7780, dressup-boutique.com) winter clearance sale.
- Sarca (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com) expands its winter sale with 40 percent off fall/winter merchandise as well as 25 percent off new inventory through Monday, January 31st.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago