Fifteen years after opening on Oak Street, the children’s boutique Madison and Friends (43 E. Oak St.; 888-332-8610, madisonandfriends.com) launched a second location last month at 2040 West Roscoe Street. Following in the footsteps of its Gold Coast predecessor, the Roscoe Village store stocks fashionable clothing and shoes, toys, and gifts for children. But while the Oak Street shop carries sizes for babies through juniors, the new location focuses exclusively on clothing for infants and kids through size seven. Winter offerings for girls include thick terry leggings by Sofi ($26 to $29), as well as fleece animal-themed hats from Nirvanna Designs ($33). For boys, find college sports onesies and tees from Tailgate ($32), and rock band tees by Rowdy Sprout ($41 to $43).
Top Sales This Week
Perchance (11 E. Walton St., 773-244-1300; 3512 N. Southport Ave., 773-244-1300; perchanceboutique.com) holds its semiannual sale on women’s designer clothing this month, beginning this week at both locations. Enjoy 30 percent off all merchandise, including sale items, through Friday, January 6 and 40 percent off everything Saturday, January 7 through Friday, January 13. Deeper discounts continue until February; visit perchanceboutique.com for details.
Select Oak Street boutiques between Michigan Avenue and State Street offer deals during the Let it Snow Sale. Now through Tuesday, January 31, offers include up to 40 percent off select items at Vince (vince.com), 40 percent off select items at Paul Stuart (paulstuart.com), and up to 50 percent off the winter collection at Bonpoint (bonpoint.com). Visit oakstreetchicago.com/events/let-it-snow-sale/ for a list of participating shops.
The Best of the Rest
- Haberdash (607 N. State St., 312-624-8551; 1350 N. Wells St., 312-440-1300; haberdashmen.com) and Haberdash EDC (611 N. State St.; 312-646-7870) kick off their Best Prices of the Season sale on Thursday, January 5 with up to 50 percent off select denim, outerwear, shoes, boots, and accessories for men.
- Randoons (962 1/2 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-1890, randoons.com) takes 50 percent off all Christmas items, 30 percent off all shoes, up to 70 percent off select clothing, and as much as 60 percent off select coats through Saturday, January 7.
- Grow (1943 W. Division St.; 773-489-0009, grow-kids.com) takes 20 to 60 percent off select floor-model cribs, dressers, twin beds, strollers, and rockers on Saturday, January 7 and Sunday, January 8.
- Bridal Expo Chicago/Milwaukee (bridalshowexpo.com) features a bridal fashion show—as well as goods from 75 local bakeries, photographers, and other wedding vendors—on Sunday, January 8 at the Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center Schaumburg (1551 N. Thoreau Dr.; Schaumburg). Tickets are $10 in advance at bridalshowexpo.com or $15 at the door.
- Jayson Home (1885 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-8180, jaysonhome.com) holds its Floor Model & More sale with 30 to 50 percent off floor models and new back stock sofas, chairs, beds, lighting, and other items through Monday, January 23.
- Through Tuesday, January 31, save at least 30 percent on select items at Sarca (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com) and enjoy up to 70 percent off select fall and winter inventory at Odile (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0800, shopodile.com).
- Stitch (1723 N. Damen Ave.; 773-782-1570, stitchchicago.com) takes 10 percent off all merchandise through Sunday, January 15. The boutique also offers 15 percent off all Gus Modern casegoods and upholstery through Tuesday, January 31.
- Days Inn Chicago (644 W. Diversey Pkwy; 773-525-7010, daysinnchicago.net) offers a Stay and Shop package—starting at $50 per night—through March 31. The deal includes an overnight stay, a breakfast buffet, and a gift bag with $25 in discounts at nearby shops. Call 888-LPN-DAYS or visit daysinnchicago.net for reservations.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago