Inspiration for everyone
When Heather Anderson set out to launch Muse (106 N. Marion St., Oak Park; 708-948-7052, museoakpark.com), she sought to create a contemporary “lifestyle store” for all budgets. “I watch the prices [on items I carry] so everyone can shop here, and everyone who loves designer pieces can shop here, too,” says Anderson. The prices range from $30 to $400, and the boutique features a mix of established brands, such as Ogle tees ($80 to $90) and Akiko embellished tops ($150). Locally based favorites include Rodriguez reversible hats ($100 to $150) and leather wristlets ($120), Dallas Maynard vintage jewelry (up to $120), and Mikai leather handbags from Mariana Valdes ($270 and up). “Chicago designers do very well for us, and they actually move very quickly,” says Anderson. And clothing and accessories aren’t everything Muse has to offer. Towards the back, find vegan shoes by Schubar (from $52); “Girlie Quotations” stationery (up to $11) from Anderson’s mother, Valorie Miller; and re-worked, vintage furniture from Pam Dombrowski (from $200).
Top Sales This Week
Lara Miller (931 W. Cornelia Ave.; 773-296-4442, laramiller.net) holds its Queen of Hearts sale with 30 to 80 percent off everything, excluding custom orders, on Sunday, July 11th from 12 to 6 p.m. Guests also enjoy games, such as rolling dice and picking from a deck of cards, to earn up to an additional 12 percent off.
Buy one pair of shoes and get the second pair for a nickel at City Soles (2001 W. North Ave.; 773-489-2001, citysoles.com) on Friday, July 9th.
The Best of the Rest
- Nika Le Butik (143 N. Northwest Hwy., Park Ridge; 847-696-1700, nikabutik.com) holds its annual July sidewalk sale with drinks and appetizers Thursday, July 8th through Sunday, July 11th. Shoppers enjoy up to 75 percent off outdoor rack items and 15 percent off all clothing and accessories inside the boutique, including new merchandise. Also, Nika Le Butik takes 50 percent off a new item every hour throughout the event.
- Located on Chicago Avenue from Damen Avenue to Wood Street, West Fest (westfestchicago.com) features fine art, handmade crafts, activities, entertainment, and more on Saturday, July 10th and Sunday, July 11th from 12 to 10 p.m. Admission is $5 at the gate.
- Alessi (611 N. State St.; 312-274-6500, alessi-shop.com) takes 20 percent off selected pieces from its collection of baskets and centerpieces throughout July.
- Receive 10 percent off Maui Jim sunglasses at Vision Boutique (948 W. Madison St.; 312-829-6800, vision-boutique.com) on Saturday, July 10th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Hinsdale Merchant Sidewalk Sale, located between Garfield and Washington streets from Hinsdale Avenue to First Street, returns with discounts from dozens of vendors throughout the area on Friday, July 9th and Saturday, July 10th.
- Lipstick Dinosaur (lipstickdinosaur.com), a new vintage jewelry collection, launches a three-week pop-up shop in Gavin Boutique (1939 Central St.; Evanston; 847-328-7407, shopgavin.com) on Saturday, July 10th. Representatives from the line will make a personal appearance from 12 to 3 p.m.
- Sarca (710 N.Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0900) holds a Damen + Division (damen-division.com) summer trunk show featuring the collection’s designer Sonia Barrett and style consultations on Saturday, July 10th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. RSVP to RSVP@shopsarca.com.
- Along Southport from Belmont Avenue to Irving Park Road, the inaugural Southport Art Walk (southportartwalk.org) showcases paintings, photography, mixed media, and sculptures in more than 30 storefronts throughout July. Visit southportartwalk.org for a full list of participating shops and artists.
- Spex (for locations, spexchicago.com) holds a traveling trunk show series through August with designs from Tom Ford, Chanel, Paul Smith, David Yurman and more. This month, find the brands at Spex on Madison (29 E. Madison St.; 312-782-4208) Friday, July 9th through Friday, July 16th, and Spex on Clark (2316 N. Clark St.; 773-404-0777) Thursday, July 22nd through Saturday, July 31st.
1 week ago