Orange Beautiful Studio and Shop (4658 N. Damen Ave., 773-975-3570, orangebeautiful.com), a new stationery boutique in Ravenswood, features the work of its owner Emily H. Martin. The goods include her four lines of cards—Debut, rustic cards that open horizontally instead of vertically; Lattice, featuring black lines and paper packaging; Type, characterized by a single line of text; and Tag, classified by the “gift tag.”—along with Martin’s perpetual calendars ($28); rotating, limited-time offerings; and her custom invitations, announcements, and business cards. Orange Beautiful also carries items from about a dozen other artists and designers. “I really like other people’s work, and I’m featuring people who I’ve bought cards from before,” says Martin. You’ll find eye-catching cards from Spiffy Press (single card, $5; box set of six, $28) and Squirrel in the Attic (single card, $4; gift tag, $1.50), as well as hand-felted animals from Girlsavage ($30 to $95) and wrist cuffs by Thread & Needle ($15 to $24). Later this year, the boutique will host a variety of workshops and demonstrations on book binding, letterpress printing, and other topics.
Top Sales This Week
Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora; 630-585-2200, premiumoutlets.com/Chicago) holds its annual Back-to-School and Fall Preview sale with extra discounts from more than 15 of the 120 stores, Thursday, July 29th, through Monday, August 2nd.
Kimball & Bean Garden Architectural and Antiques (3606 S. Country Club Rd., Woodstock; 815-444-9000, kimballandbean.com) offers 20 to 50 percent off everything through August 1st. The shop is open every day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the sale.
The Best of the Rest
- Colori Eco Paint Boutique (2243 W. North Ave.; 773-252-4923, colorichicago.com) holds a hands-on workshop and open house on Saturday, July 31st, focusing on creating green play areas for kids. RSVP at colorichicago.com/Pages/RSVP.
- Fix Boutique (1101 W. Fulton Market; 312-226-4565, shopfixchicago.com) and The Publican (837 W. Fulton Market; 312-733-9555, thepublicanrestaurant.com) feature a Sunday Brunch deal through August 8th. Purchase merchandise from Fix and bring the receipt to Publican to get 15 percent off brunch. To offer also works the other way: eat brunch at The Publican and bring the receipt to Fix for 15 percent off any purchase. Also at Fix, spend $200 for a chance to win four tickets to Todd Carey’s record release party on Thursday, July 29th; tickets to the after party with Carey on Friday, July 30th, at Fix; T-shirts, and CDs. Two runners-up receive gift bags filled with Todd Carey merchandise.
- Get 40 percent off at Sarca (710 W. Wabash St.; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com) through Tuesday, August 31st.
- Urban Joe Wicker Park (1925 W. Division St.; 773-687-9057, urbanjoe.com) offers mid-week cuts for $15 (full price, $29) through Thursday, July 29th.
- Buy a 90-minute Dermal Lift facial ($250) at the Elysian Spa (11 E. Walton St.; 312-646-1310, elysianhotels.com) through Saturday, July 31st, and receive a complimentary Carita Global Beauty Kit ($50), which includes cleanser, creams, and serum. The spa also offers a cocktail and manicure combo for $45, Monday through Friday between 5 and 7 p.m.
- The spa at the dana hotel and spa (660 N. State St.; 312-202-6040, danahotelandspa.com/spa) offers summer deals through Sunday, August 15th. Stop by Monday through Friday between 12 and 2 p.m. for a $40 mini manicure and mini pedicure. Get 10 percent off any spa service appointment between 5 and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Buy an organic pedicure and get a free nail polish change. Book at danahotelandspa.com/spa or call 312-202-6040.
- Glen Ellyn’s Annual Sidewalk Sale (630-469-0907, glenellynchamber.com/sidewalk.html) features discounts at local vendors, live music, and entertainment, Thursday, July 29th, through Saturday, July 31st.
- Take 20 percent off waxing services The Spa @ Equinox (for locations, equinox.com/spa) through Monday, September 6th.
- Helios Center for Movement (2285 W. Belmont Ave.; 773-248-0920, heliosmovement.com), a new Fletcher Pilates-focused studio, holds an open house with free chair massages and 30-minute classes, a raffle, and more on Saturday, July 31st, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The resin pendant-making workshop returns to Wolfbait & B-girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd.; 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) on Saturday, July 31st, from 5 to 8 p.m. Admission, $30, includes all supplies and drinks; call 312-698-8685 to pre-register.
Attention Sales Check readers: We want your feedback! Why do you subscribe to this newsletter? What do you love about it? What do you hate? Are there sales and shopping events at Chicagoland stores that we’re missing? Please send your tips, complaints, and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 week ago