Photo: Courtesy Objets D’Envy
Sneak away from your desk for a little mid-day retail snack today and tomorrow, when the local fashion community sets up shop at Daley Plaza (50 W. Washington St.) for the seventh-annual Chicago Sidewalk Sale (cityofchicago.org). The event, which runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on July 24, features 44 local designers and boutiques, along with a runway show each day at noon.
Make sure to check out locally crafted jewelry from Objets d’Envy (objetsdenvy.com) in closeout prices as low as $5 (and up to $100); flirty summer dresses designed and made in Chicago by Anna Hovet (annahovet.com); quirky screen-printed tees by Megan Lee Designs (meganleedesigns.com); and aprons almost too pretty for the kitchen by Ann Perry Designs (annperrydesigns.com).
Top Sales This Week
On August 1, Perchance (perchanceboutique.com) closes its women’s boutique in Lake View (3510 N. Southport Ave., 773-244-1300) and its kids’ shop in Lincoln Park (1205 W. Webster Ave., 773-244-1300, perchancekids.com) as it consolidates its stock to a single Gold Coast location (11 E. Walton St., 773-244-1300). To lighten the load, all three shops are currently hosting a moving sale with markdowns up to 80 percent off. Run in for these deals: AG denim for $99 (was $168); a Brochu Walker maxi dress for $40 (was $225); Loeffler wedges for $197.50 (were $395); and a Tibi top for $175 (was $275). Added bonus: Buy five or more sale items and take an extra 20 percent off your entire purchase (use code MOVING20 online).
Fledgling Bucktown boutique von Z (1872 N. Damen Ave., 872-206-5954, facebook.com/shopvonz) holds its first sale this from Friday through Sunday. Look for women’s summer apparel, accessories, and shoes marked down to 40 percent off.
The Best of the Rest
- Lincoln Park antique shop Vintage Pine (904 W. Blackhawk St., 312-943-9303, vintagepine.com) holds a summer flea market in the store’s parking lot on Saturday. From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., shop bargain deals on furniture, home goods, china, and more. Items are sold as-is, cash and carry.
- Women’s shopping and pampering event Sassy City Chicks (sassycitychicks.com) ascends on the Drake Hotel (140 E. Walton St.) on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Your $40 ticket scores you access to the sale, complimentary spa treatments (mini manicures, makeup applications, hair styling, and more) and two drink tickets.
- Gift shop Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave., 773-929-3600, shoparteffect.com) launches a sale this week featuring its deepest discounts of the season. Prices are slashed on goods by Tracy Reese, Jonathan Adler, Michael Stars, and more, both in-store and online.
- Children’s resale shop The Second Child (954 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-883-0880, 2ndchild.com) holds an anniversary sale this weekend. Shop Friday for 50 percent off all children’s clothing; shop Saturday for 75 percent off. Cash only.
- Find goodies for your big day from local artisans at Indie Wed (indiewed.com), an unconventional bridal expo held Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Zhou B Art Center (1029 W. 35th St.). Expect two floors of vendors, live music, and food and beverage tastings.
- “Made in the Shade” is the theme of this month’s Randolph Street Market (1340 W. Washington St., 312-666-1200, randolphstreetmarket.com), held Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Along with the usual antiques and handmade wares, you’ll find items that help you keep cool, from vintage sunhats and bathing suits to Ray Ban sunglasses, parasols, and cover-ups. Tickets are available online for $8 and at the door for $10.
4 hours ago