Photo: Courtesy of North Shore Flea
Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave., 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) kicks off its in-store end-of-season sale tomorrow. With prices marked up to 65 percent off, you’ll want to block some time in your schedule for this one. Your sneak peek at the goods: an M Missoni Mixed Media Fit and Flare Dress (originally $895, now $313); Phillip Lim 3.1 Memory Taffeta Anorak (originally $795, now $278); and Christian Louboutin Bianca Python Red Sole Pump (originally $1795, now $807).
The sale has already begun online, but if you haven’t been to the flagship on Michigan Avenue recently, it’s worth a visit. The store is in the midst of a massive renovation and recently revealed an updated contemporary designer section featuring new lines like 10 Crosby by Derek Lam, McQ by Alexander McQueen, and Opening Ceremony.
Top Sales This Week
Snag a deal in Roscoe Village this weekend. More than 15 neighborhood boutiques—including men’s, women’s, and children’s clothier Crush; women’s shoe shop A Pied; and upscale women’s spot Cinnamon Boutique—hold a Sidewalk Sale on Saturday and Sunday.
Discounted designer shopping site The Outnet’s (theoutnet.com) summer clearance sale is on its last leg. Shop Mara Hoffman, Alexander Wang, and Alice + Olivia at up to 85 percent off.
The Best of the Rest
- Locally made and vintage boutique Dovetail (1452 W. Chicago Ave., 312-508-3398, dovetailchicago.com) invites you to drop by on Friday between 7 and 10 p.m. for an in-store celebration honoring three hometown artisans: jewelry designer Boo + Boo Factory, artist Cheri Charlton, and shoemaker ARS Shoes. ARS launches its first line of limited edition men’s and women’s leather sandals at the event.
- Head up Sheridan Road this Sunday for the North Shore Flea (northshoreflea.com), a vintage market held at the Highwood Recreation Center (428 Green Bay Rd.). Doors are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and admission is free.
- To celebrate its 15th anniversary, local children’s boutique The Red Balloon Co. (1940 N. Damen Ave., 773-489-9800 and 5407 N. Clark St., 773-989-8500, theredballoon.com) hosts Halloween in July on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. Dress up the little ones and bring them to either location for candy.
- Spa@theWit (201 N. State St., 312-239-9402, spaatthewit.com) is running some tempting summer specials this month. Throughout July, theWit Signature Massage is discounted from $185 to $165; the Happy Hour Facial is reduced from $140 to $125; and any mani or pedi is 10 percent off when you opt for blue nail polish.
- Oak Park boutique CarefulPeach (1024 North Blvd., 708-383-3066, carefulpeach.com) throws a Bastille Day celebration on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Stop by for live music and complimentary Cajun-inspired treats.
4 days ago
2 weeks ago