North Center newcomer Stellar 26 (4164 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-388-2626) has a beachy aesthetic, drawn from owner Carrie Ligman-Bowers’s childhood in South Haven. Comfortable cotton dresses, such as a red strapless number by Free People ($118), print headbands from Haley Handmades ($18), and cute tank tops ($25) all have a summery feel. For women, there are polos from Original Penguin ($65), capri-length jeans from Roxi ($39.50), and denim from Raven (around $200) and Genetic. The men’s selection includes comfortable items such as cargo shorts, camp shirts from Quicksilver, and T-shirts from Mojowear ($28 to $38). The shop also carries really cute baby clothes from O’Cali (like a tiny tank top with Bob Marley screened on the front ($18), Reef flip flops, and chunky jewelry. And, refreshing for a boutique, most of the items in the store cost less than $100.
What’s Old Is New
New’d (1917 W. Division St.; 773-510-9965), the latest of the city’s “recycled” clothing shops, offers a mix of new and used clothing. It’s not consignment per se-you can trade in clothing and receive cash or store credit upfront (instead of getting a percentage after it sells). The store skews mostly casual, with “used” clothing running from $6 to $50 for denim, and new items costing $14 to $70. It’s essentially like shopping the sales rack at a department store. We spied a Banana Republic men’s polo for $16, a Kenzie boho top for $26, and Sacred Blue jeans for $48. (Tees are as low as $5.)
Top Sale This Week
Elysa Lazar, professional shopper (yes, seriously) and sale maven, brings drool-worthy goods from three top designers to Chicago this week. Current and past season merchandise from Reem Acra, Anthony Nak, and Isaac Mizrahi will be marked down 50 to 70 percent off retail. Anthony Nak’s earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets will be marked $320 to $5,000; Reem Acra’s eveningwear (just as stunning as the bridal collection), $180 to $3,000; and Isaac Mizrahi’s Collection handbags and totes, $120 to $450. The sale runs June 14th and 15th from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and June 16th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Glass Room on the 12th floor of the Ritz Carlton (160 E. Pearson St.; 847-579-0222). All sales are final.
The Best of the Rest
- The Bucktown boutique Roslyn (2035 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-1311) hosts a summer kickoff sale on June 13th, with all regular-price merchandise marked 30 percent off (including Thread Social, Sass & Bide, Nicholas K, and the Vera Wang lavender label.) Sale merchandise is up to 50 percent off.
- Find spring and summer styles from brands like YaYa, AKA New York, Catherine Malandrino, Vince, Theory, True Religion, and Mint marked down 50 percent at Samantha (64 E. Walton St., 1st floor; 312-951-5383) starting June 15th.
- Ultimo (114 E. Oak St.; 312-787-1171) makes room for fall styles starting today (June 12th); it’s offering 30 percent off most spring and summer merchandise (including a large selection of Manolo Blahnik shoes), and the sale room will have discounts of 50 to 90 percent off.
- New boutique Floradora (330 S. Dearborn St.; 312-212-8860) may have just opened, but it’s already beefing up the sale rack. Find skirts, tops, and blazers marked 15 to 25 percent off.
- Madison and Friends and The Denim Lounge (940 N. Rush St.; 312-642-6403) have lost their lease and are offering discounts up to 90 percent off all merchandise. Beginning July 2nd, the shop will move to a temporary space at 72 E. Oak Street (with even greater reductions) before opening at its new permanent location at 43 E. Oak Street on August 4th. All sales are final.
- Exhibit (2961 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-880-0448) celebrates its third year by offering 30 percent off everything in the store, including premium denim, handbags, jewelry, dresses, and even clearance items, through June 17th.
- Get 30 percent off select shoes at City Soles (2001 W. North Ave., 773-489-2001; 3432 N. Southport Ave., 773-665-4233) on June 14th and 15th (with extended hours from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. both days.)
- Oak Street staple Chasalla (106 E. Oak St.; 312-640-1940) has relocated to a ground floor spot from its former space at 70 E. Oak Street; the shop is still stocking high-end brands like Just Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli, D&G by Dolce & Gabbana, Versace Jeans Couture, and Diesel.
- Does Dad like to travel? Ciao Bella Chicago (3829 N. Southport Ave.; 773-388-2201) hosts a Father’s Day sale on June 15th through 17th with 20 percent off all men’s apparel, including James Perse tees, Splendid Mills, ties from Bugatchi, and others.
- Luxury handbag and accessories shop Furla (1211 W. Webster Ave.; 773-525-7420) celebrates its first anniversary with a preview of the fall collection and a chance to win a $645 bag on June 14th from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. A portion of the night’s sales benefit the Greater Illinois Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Piggy Toes/O&I (2205 N. Halsted St.; 773-281-5583) hosts a spring/summer sale from June 15th through 17th with 30 to 50 percent off of selected spring, summer, fall, and winter merchandise from Alexander McQueen, L.A.M.B., Donald Pliner, and Roberto Cavalli.
- What good is a luxury bed without the lux linens to go with it? Buy a bed at Hästens (430 N. Wells St., 312-527-5337; 976 Greenbay Rd., Winnetka, 847-441-5337) from June 15th through 30th and receive $1,000 worth of linens.
- Click Shoes & More (3729 N. Southport Ave.; 773-244-9141) hosts a Father’s Day sale with 15 percent off men’s Reefs (ahem, complete with a built-in bottle opener and plastic flask embedded in the soles. We guess this is the grown-up version of Heelys?) Sale runs June 14th through 17th.
- At the Rare Affair, hosted by the Chicago Botanic Garden (1000 Lake Cook Rd., Glencoe; 847-835-5440), bid on rare, hard-to-find, exotic plants culled from foreign expeditions and private collections from around the world. Find 300 lots of single and grouped plants for auction such as trees, shrubs, plants, and perennials. The auction is June 15th with cocktails and a silent auction starting at 6 p.m., followed by dinner and a live auction. Download a catalog at chicagobotanic.org/rareaffair. Tickets start at $250; order at 847-835-6944.
- Receive 20 to 50 percent off all spring merchandise at Fuschia (538 Duane St., Glen Ellyn; 630-469-7465) on June 14th.
- Take 25 percent off beds during the month of June at Bedside Manor (2056 N. Halsted St., 773-404-2020; 929 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, 847-441-0969; 38 S. Garfield Ave., Hinsdale, 630-655-0497; 192 E. Westminster St., Lake Forest, 888-295-8371); with the purchase of a bed, receive an additional 10 percent off a new mattress.
- The Chocolate Cake Club (chocolatecakeclub.com), a site with kid- and parent-themed merchandise, hosts a spring sale of merchandise up to 50 percent off.
- Check out the open house for Jill Alberts Jewelry at the J.S. Interiors (591 Roger Williams Ave., Highland Park; 847-433-9013) open house on June 14th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.; it will feature appetizers, cocktails, and the celebrity-favorite jewelry line that ranges from $350 to $4,000.
- Get a sneak preview of The Love Handler, a new “slimming treatment” at Bliss Spa (W Lakeshore, 644 W. Lake Shore Dr.; 312-266-9293) tonight (June 12th) from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., and also receive free brow waxing, nail polish changes, and 20 percent off spa products. R.S.V.P. to the spa.
- Evlove Intimates hosts a design-your-own-lingerie event at Lather (1826 W. Montrose; 773-271-7200), with stylists also teaching summer updos. The event is June 14th from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. RSVP required.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago