Hunny/She She Boutiques (2027 N. Damen Ave.; 773-292-1120, hunnyjewelry.com) gets its name from the combination of two boutiques—Charyl Witz (of Hunny Jewelry) joined forces with Karen and Jen Nielson (of SheShe clothing) for the venture, which recently moved from Barrington to Bucktown. The clothing is a well-edited selection of favorite boutique brands such as Velvet, Juicy, Joie, and J Brand jeans ($218). Some of our favorites were the lacy top from Rebecca Taylor ($290), tan metallic pants from Alice + Olivia ($265), and a silk tank from Vince ($245). The jewelry could have jumped out of the pages of Lucky magazine, stocked with high-end celebrity favorites such as colorful Ike watches ($200 to $400), a ring of three interlocking circles from Lana ($607), and chunky, rock ’n’ roll-inspired jewelry from Virgin Saints and Angels.Top Sales This Week
Love sample sales? The Web site editorscloset.com has offered an invitation to Sales Check readers, usually available by referral only. Click here for free access to sales on luxury clothing and accessories at up to 75 percent off. On June 17th and 18th, the site offers a sale of haute couture dresses and gowns from the Italian fashion house Moschino worn once by celebrities on the red carpet or models on the runway.The Best of the Rest
- Twinkle Twinkle Little One (3224 N. Damen Ave.; 773-472-3000), a baby store that carries furniture, bedding and gifts, hosts its grand opening on June 19th from 4 to 7 p.m. with drinks, desserts, and discounts.
- Cosmetics boutique Benefit (852 W. Armitage Ave., 773-880-9192; 1625 Sherman Ave., Evanston, 847-332-2340; 214 S. Main St., Naperville, 630-428-8557) opens its fourth stand-alone boutique in the area at 3450 North Southport Avenue on June 20th. In addition to cosmetics, the boutique will also offer eyebrow shaping, waxing, lash tinting, and makeup application.
- Nuada (3727 N. Southport Ave.; 773-525-4200, nuada.com), a shop stocked with jewelry, home accents, and gifts from Irish craftsmen, has relocated to the Southport Corridor, after shuttering its Armitage Avenue store two years ago.
- Take up to 40 percent off selected apparel, shoes, and bags at Jake (3740 N. Southport Ave., 773-929-5253; 939 N. Rush St., 312-664-5553; 565 Lincoln Ave., Winnetka, 847-501-5253) during the semi-annual sale, which kicks off June 19th.
- Tula (3738 N. Southport Ave.; 773-549-2876) holds a spring sale with items marked 30 to 60 percent off through July.
- Spring and summer merchandise is up to 50 percent off at Samantha (64 E. Walton St.; 312-951-5383) while supplies last.
- Bess & Loie (1015 W. Lake St.; 312-226-2247) holds a trunk show with bocUe handbags and Susan Elizabeth jewelry and metalwork on June 18th from 5 to 8 p.m.
- See the summer collection for local line Dana Reed jewelry during the trunk show at Riley (1659 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-0101) on June 20th from 4 to 8 p.m. Her designs combine semi-precious stones with sterling silver and 14-karat gold fill.
- Shop local designers and artists who create stationery, jewelry, home accents, and clothing at Tea.Talk.Shop on June 19th from 3 to 9 p.m. at the Winnetka Women’s Club (485 Maple St., Winnetka). Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door; a portion of the proceeds will benefit Joshua Center, which helps women in crisis. Visit teatalkshop.com for more information.
- Lauren Weisberger, author of The Devil Wears Prada, has a new novel, Chasing Harry Winston (noticing a pattern?). In celebration, Harry Winston (55 E. Oak St.; 312-705-1820) has a promotional window installation of diamond rings around a stiletto heel through June and July.
- Through June 30th at Exhale (945 N. State St.; 312-753-6500), purchase a 60-minute Fusion massage (usually $115) or a 60-minute True facial (usually $130) for $60 each. Services must be redeemed between July 1st and August 31st.
- Learn how to make natural body products with a local soapmaker at Greenheart (746 N. LaSalle St.; 312-264-1625) on June 18th from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP required.
2 weeks ago