Florodora (330 S. Dearborn St.; 312-212-8860), one of the few locally owned women’s clothing and accessories boutiques in the Loop, now has a sister store down the street. Sharing the same phone number, Florodora Shoes (348 S. Dearborn St.) carries shoes ranging mostly from $125 to $400. “Here, looks will be a bit more clean and edgy, whereas down the block it’s more cute and girly,” says Michael Blossom, the owner of both store. The current shoe collection features styles from seven designers, including tan Mary Janes with black straps by Coclico ($298), light brown buckle booties by Candela ($232), and low-heel blue and brown pumps by ALL BLACK. “[The selection] will be complimentary (to Florodora), so you can find shoes that go with a dress from down the block,” Blossom says. Florodora Shoes also stocks Jesslyn Blake handbags, made from recycled scrap leather ($150 to $230); and earrings, bracelets, cuffs, rings, and necklaces from local designers Susan Elizabeth (sedesigns.net), Dana Reed (danareeddesigns.com), and Melissa Banks of Rapt In Maille (raptinmaille.com).
Top Sales This Week
More than 40 local and independent designers are participating in the 6th annual Guerrilla Truck Show on Tuesday, June 15th from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at Morlen Sinoway Atelier (1052 W. Fulton Market; 312-432-0100, morlensinoway.com). Off-site events will be held at three additional venues: Strand Design (1008 W. Randolph St.; 312-243-6290, stranddesign.org), the Design Object League and Object Society Exhibition in the downstairs of 217 North Carpenter Street at 6 p.m., and Studio Murmur at the Ugly Step Sister Gallery (1044 W. Fulton Market) from 6 to 8 p.m.
Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-8180, jaysonhomeandgarden.com) kicks off its semi-annual Floor Model and More sale on Friday, June 18th. Get up to 50 percent off new and vintage furniture, accessories, lighting, and more both online and in-store through Sunday, July 18th.
The Best of the Rest
- The Norwood Park Historical Society (773-631-4633; norwoodparkhistoricalsociety.org) holds its annual Yard Sale at the Noble-Seymour-Crippen House (5624 N. Newark Ave.); the sale features new and gently used goods and books and a silent auction on Saturday, June 19th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $2, and all guests get a door prize.
- Fashion Salvation features Bonnie & Clyde (1751 W. Division St.; 773-235-2680, bonnieandclydes.com), AGGA B. (aggab.com), and Marisa Swystun (marisaswystun.com), on Friday, June 16th from 6 to 9 p.m. Happening at Salvage One (1840 W. Hubbard St.; 312-733-0098, salvageone.com), the event also includes hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, and a silent auction. Tickets, $45, are available at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/107429; proceeds go to Dress For Success (dressforsuccess.org).
- Save 20 percent on shades from Gucci, Mark Jacobs, YSL, and more at His Stuff (hisstuffchicago.com) on Saturday, June 19th in Lake View (3162 N. Broadway; 773-281-6111) and Sunday, June 20th in Andersonville (5314 N. Clark St., 773-989-9111).
- Randolph Street Market Festival takes place Saturday, June 19th and Sunday, June 20th on the 1350 block of West Randolph Street, between Ada Street and Ogden Avenue. The event features the lifestyle expert Eddie Ross (eddieross.com) and more than 200 vendors of home décor, fashion, antiques, and jewelry. Tickets—$12 at the gate or $9 online at chicagoantiquemarket.com—are good for both days.
- I.D. (3337 N. Halsted St.; 773-755-4343, idchicago.com) celebrates the launch of Design House Stockholm’s collection, featuring works by Karl Malmvall, Lina Nordqvist, Nina Jobs, and more, with a cocktail reception on Wednesday, June 16th from 6 to 9 p.m.
- The lifestyle expert Eddie Ross (eddieross.com) and Debra Phillips, the owner of Scentimental Gardens (428 W. State St.; 630-232-1303, scentimentalgardens.com) give tips on how to entertain in style at “Creating the WOW Party (without work)” on Thursday, June 17th at 7 p.m., at the Dunham Woods Riding Club (33w333 Army Trail, Wayne; 630-584-0045).
- Cynthia Rowley (810 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-528-6160, cynthiarowley.com) launches her new bridesmaid collection with dress fittings by Bella Bridesmaid Shop (8 E. Chestnut St.; 312-943-0344, bellabridesmaid.com) on Tuesday, June 15th from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com.
- For Father’s Day, Little Threads (2033 W. Roscoe St.; 773-327-9310, shoplittlethreads.com) hosts Steve Davern, a Chicagoan and the author of the book, Grandpa is a Cubs Fan, Daddy is a Cubs Fan, I’m a Cubs Fan, (plus his other version for Sox fans) on Saturday, June 19th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Guests can win a pair of Cubs tickets and a pair of Sox tickets and have books signed by Davern.
- The actress Joan Cusack visits the Disney Store (717 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-654-9208, disneystore.com) on Wednesday, June 16th at 10 a.m. to celebrate the opening of Toy Story 3. During her visit, Cusack, the voice of the cartoon movie’s cowgirl character, Jessie, will unveil a limited-edition doll.
- State Street Barbers (for locations, statestreetbarbers.com) opens a new store at 600 North Kingsbury Street (312-624-8399) on Tuesday, June 15th.
6 days ago