Like Father, Like Sons
Growing up, the Chicago Bulls guard/forward Kyle Korver and his younger brother Klayton watched their dad form a volunteer organization that successfully cleaned up and revitalized the town of Paramount, California. Inspired, the brothers created their own philanthropic project in spring 2010. Called Seer, the initiative raises money for Korver’s charitable foundation by selling T-shirts ($24.99 to $39) that graphically capture motivational concepts and emotions, such as courage, respect, peace, and knowledge. Seer’s success online over the past year encouraged the Korvers to recently open a pop-up shop in Block 37. Seer Outfitters (108 N. State St.; 801-712-8223, seeroutfitters.com) features the brothers’ new collection of hoodies and tees for men and women. Profits go to the Kyle Korver Foundation, which gives athletic opportunities and support for children in Omaha, Salt Lake City, Philadelphia, and Chicago.
Top Sales This Week
Look for the latest in food and fashion during the Taste & Trend Summer Series at Wave Restaurant in the W Lakeshore (644 N. Lake Shore Dr.; 312-255-4460, waverestaurant.com), starting Thursday, June 23, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Hosted by LeftofTrend (leftoftrend.com), the kick-off event features items from Fix (1101 W. Fulton Market; 312-226-4565, shopfixchicago.com), as well as drinks, treats, and discounts.
Nicole Miller (1419 N. Wells St.; 312-664-3532, nicolemiller.com) holds its first bridal sample sale, offering 30 to 50 percent off gowns, Thursday, June 23, through Sunday, June 26, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- RE.STOCK Shop (1452 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 312-243-9434, restockshop.com) holds its two-year anniversary party with discounts and free mini makeovers on Thursday, June 23, from 4 to 8 p.m. The first 50 shoppers receive free goodie bags.
- Take 20 percent off any full-price sandal, shoe, handbag, or wallet at Randoons (962 1/2 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-1890, randoons.com) through Saturday, June 25th.
- Sofia (72 E. Oak St.; 312-640-0878, sofiavintage.com) features a Luxury Garage Sale (luxurygaragesale.com) pop-up shop with vintage clothing, jewelry and handbags Thursday, June 23rd through Sunday, June 26th.
- Donate dress shoes at Hubba-Hubba (3309 N. Clark St.; 773-477-1414, hubbahubbachicago.com) to receive 25 percent off any purchase on Thursday, June 23rd from 5 to 8 p.m. Donate any type of shoe Friday, June 24, through Sunday, June 26, to get 20 percent off any purchase. All donations go to Share Your Soles.
- The Art Institute’s Museum Shop (111 S. Michigan Ave.; 312-443-3583, artinstituteshop.org) now features a Taschen “shop-in-shop,” bringing a new mix of fashion, photography, architecture, pop culture, and erotic titles.
- Odile (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0800, shopodile.com) holds a spring/summer runway fashion show with its Mommy & Me Tea and a performance by the Rocky Mountain Children’s Choir on from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 22nd in the Palm Court at the Drake (140 E. Walton Pl.; 312-787-2200, thedrakehotel.com). Tickets are $35 per adult and $18 per child; RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get introduced to the work of San Francisco artist Jon Vohr at Thread Lounge (918 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-281-0011, threadlounge.com) over drinks and hors d’oeuvres, Friday, June 24, from 6 to 9 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com for a free Kiehl’s gift bag.
- The Nike Factory Store at Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd.; 630-585-9568) reopens on Friday, June 24, with giveaways and more. From Friday through Sunday, June 26, the first 200 shoppers each day will receive a free gift. Guests can enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree.
Closings and Relocations
Following its namesake’s series finale, The Oprah Store (37 N. Carpenter St.; 312-633-2100) closed earlier this month.
Madden Home, a suburban accessories boutique with housewares, décor pieces, and more, recently moved from 829 Waukegan Road in Deerfield to 342 Park Avenue in Glencoe (847-835-8808, maddenhome.com).
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago