All That Glitters
Back in 2005, the Chicago native Monique Scott was designing her wedding invitations with bead wrappings when she realized something about herself. “I had always been very creative and would also accessorize my clothes,” she says, “so I just told myself, I could design jewelry, and I did it.” Last month, Scott opened Eclectic Chique (807 W. Dickens Ave.; 773-525-2442, eclecticchique.com) to showcase her handmade earrings, cuffs, necklaces, and bracelets, as well as clothing and accessories from other local designers and well-known brands. Located in the heart of Lincoln Park, the boutique caters to multiple audiences, says Scott. Those looking for high-end items will find a great selection from T-Bags, Gold Hawk, and French Connection. On the more affordable side, explore goods from Ryu and Tart Collections. For the environmentally minded, there’s an assortment of jewelry from Love Heals, a company that plants 10 trees per design with more than 500,000 trees planted to date. “Eclectic Chique carries unique, specialty items that customers typically couldn’t find somewhere else,” says Scott, who uses recycled leather, copper, sterling silver, glass, glitter, and gems when crafting her own pieces. Some unique accessories include a recycled leather, glass, and shard bib necklace ($80); a vermeil lariat chain adorned with an agate and briolettes ($185); and a vermeil chain and amethyst necklace ($170). This Saturday, March 26th, Eclectic Chique hosts a TZEN jewelry trunk show from 12 to 6 p.m., featuring free gifts, prizes, and 20 percent off the TZEN collection, including the green gold earrings with satin ball ($400).
Top Sales This Week
For March Madness, save up to 80 percent at selected Division Street boutiques on Saturday, March 26th, and Sunday, March 27th. Participating shops include Casa de Soul (1919 W. Division St.; 773-252-2520, casadesoul.net), Elevenzees (1901 W. Division St.; 773-772-1150, elevenzees.com), le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9899, ledresschicago.com), Kiz (2035 W. Division St.; 773-278-9800, kizchicago.com), M.Go (1754 W. Division St.; 773-772-2772, mgofashion.com), Mulberry & Me (2019 W. Division St.; 773-952-7551, mulberryandme.com), Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St.; 773-395-2351, shoppenelopes.com), Pump (1659 W. Division St.; 773-384-6750, pumpshoeschicago.com), and Trillium (1744 W. Division St.; 773-698-8162, trilliumchicago.com).
Wellness Week (spafinder.com/wellnessweek) offers half-off and $50 spa and wellness treatments across the city through Sunday, March 27th. Enter an e-mail and zip code at spafinder.com/wellnessweek to find your neighborhood deals.
The Best of the Rest
- CarefulPeach Boutique (1024 North Blvd., Oak Park; 708-383-3066, carefulpeach.com) kicks off spring and summer with a Breakfast at Tiffany’s themed party and sale on Saturday, March 26th. Guests enjoy snacks, mimosas, 30 percent off all in-stock jewelry, and special deals on other merchandise.
- Rate a product from giggle (2116 N. Halsted St.; 773-296-6228, giggle.com) by Friday, April 1st for a chance to win a $500 store gift card. For more information, read the contest rules.
- Akira (for locations, shopakira.com), which first launched in Chicago in 2002, recently opened its 14th boutique in Andersonville (5228 N. Clark St.; 773-275-3664).
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its next Marketplace Auction on Wednesday, March 23rd and Thursday, March 24th at 12 p.m. Featured items include an American empire mahogany flip-top games table (estimated for $150 to $250), a neoclassical brass tazza (estimated for $100 to $200), and a four-piece etched glass-and-enamel dresser set (estimated for $50 to $100). Preview the items on Tuesday, March 22nd, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Book an underarm wax at Solo Salon (1065 W. Madison St.; 312-491-9771, solo-salon.com) and get a complimentary brow wax through Thursday, March 31st.
- Preggers (900 N. Michigan Ave., 5th floor; 312-943-6262, preggersmaternity.com) celebrates four years with a party on Tuesday, March 22nd. Save 20 percent storewide and enjoy music from Bubbles Academy from 1 to 1:30 p.m.
- To celebrate the company’s 50th birthday, the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (120 E. Delaware Pl.; 312-649-2340, fourseasons.com/chicagofs) offers a spa deal through Thursday, March 24th. Book a 50-minute spa treatment to get a free enhancement service, ranging from reflexology to back exfoliation or an anti-aging eye treatment. Call 312-649-2340 to schedule an appointment.
- Spacio (2706 N. Halsted St.; 773-244-6500, spaciospa.com) holds a “Building Beauty from the Inside Out” event with Dr. Michael Green, the spa’s medical director, on Thursday, March 24th from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Learn about the latest spa treatment and get discounts on services and products. RSVP to 773-244-6500.
- Krista K Maternity + Baby (3530 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-4477, kristak.com) hosts a Petunia Pickle Bottom trunk show, featuring the entire collection of bags, baby carriers, slings, and blankets, through Sunday, March 27th.
- Meet the designers Marc Le Bihan and Jean-Francois Mimilla, and preview their Fall/ Winter 2011 collections at Robin Richman (2108 N. Damen Ave.; 773-278-6150, robinrichman.com) on Friday, March 25th, from 4 to 8 p.m. Guests receive 15 percent off orders made at the event.
- le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9899, ledresschicago.com) hosts a bridal registry event with mini-makeovers, fitness tips, an Erin Gallagher jewelry trunk show, giveaways, and 20 percent off storewide on Wednesday, March 23, from 5 to 7 p.m.
2 weeks ago