Bump Couture (bump-couture.com) holds its inaugural pop-up shop at 1943 West Division St. (formerly Grow, the children’s boutique) with exclusive discounts on high-end maternity clothing and baby gear this Saturday, March 31 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, April 1 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Another organic kids’ shop, Sprout San Francisco, will open in the space in late April.) Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to save on a mix of fresh, high-quality products, overstock, and one-of-a-kind samples from designers, wholesalers, and retailers. Find deals on dresses ($45 to $98, originally $98 to $198), tops ($24 to $60, originally $62 to $140), and pants and skirts ($35 to $65, originally $68 to $126) from Bump Couture; premium leather diaper bags ($140 to $250, originally $330 to $600) from Mia Bossi (miabossi.com); care packages with recipes and ingredients for homemade baby food ($80 to $150, originally $100 to $180) from Sage Spoonfuls (sagespoonfuls.com); nursing wear ($35 to $60, originally $53 to $80) from Majamas (majamas.com), and more.
Top Sales This Week
The Golden Triangle (330 N. Clark St.; 312-755-1266, goldentriangle.biz), traditionally an Asian- and European-focused antiques and furnishings shop, is expanding its inventory to include contemporary pieces from local designers. To celebrate, the shop hosts Made in Chicago on Thursday, March 29 from 6 to 8:30 p.m., featuring artisan furniture from Jacob Wener of Modern Industry (modernindustrydesign.com), landscapes and paintings from Andrew Ek (andrewek.com), jewelry from Margaret J. Harris (margaretjharris.com), and Asian-inspired art and wallpaper from Jackie Kazarian (jackiekazarian.com). RSVP to email@example.com.
Brighten up your wardrobe during The Blues Jean Bar’s (2210 N. Halsted St.; 773-248-5326, thebluesjeanbar.com) biggest sale of the season. On Friday, March 30 from 6 to 8 p.m., the men and women’s denim boutique takes 30 percent off everything in the store, including its wide selection of yellow, magenta, and orange jeans from MiH (us.mih-jeans.com), DL1961 (dl1961.com), Habitual (habitual.com), and Joe’s (joesjeans.com) ($160 to $200).
The Best of the Rest
- Calling all dapper gentlemen: Mark Rykken, the director of custom clothing at Paul Stuart (paulstuart.com), is in town for personal, by-appointment consultations. The menswear veteran will be in the South Loop (208 S. LaSalle St.; 312-580-0000) on Wednesday, March 28 and the Gold Coast (107 E. Oak St.; 312-640-2650) on Thursday, March 29. Call either shop to book an appointment today.
- Brides-to-be should visit Smitten Boutique (1041 W. Madison St.; 312-226-7777, smittenboutique.net) this Wednesday, March 28. From 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., renowned wedding photographer Rick Aguilar (rickaguilar.com) and makeup artist Traci Fine (finemakeupart.com) will provide tips on how to look breathtakingly gorgeous on the big day. The event is free, but space is limited; RSVP to 312-226-7777.
- Sofia (72 E. Oak St.; 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) features an exclusive selection of basic dresses, tanks, jackets, and pants designed by Australian model Jessica Hart for Pencey Standard (pencey.com) on Saturday, March 31 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Plus: Enjoy shopping tips from Pencey Standard’s creative director Christina Minasian, who will be in the boutique from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Starting Sunday, April 1, Halo [For Men] (312-346-7625; for locations, halochicago.com) offers customers “The Man” service—a haircut, scalp massage, hand massage, and complimentary beverage—along with a paraffin hand dip and 45-minute hot lather shave for $75 (normally $120). Through Monday, April 30; by appointment only.
- Explore whimsical creations from Soda by Amy (sodabyamy.com) at Hazel (1902 W. Montrose Ave.; 773-769-2227, hazelchicago.com) on Saturday, March 31 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The line of one-of-a-kind ceramic jewelry, vases, and dishes by local Amy Allison (a former furniture, accessory and interior designer for Holly Hunt) is a must-have for spring.
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
2 weeks ago