The Green Goddess Boutique (1009 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-281-5600, thegreengoddessboutique.com) opened a new location in Lincoln Park last month, bringing its jewelry, accessories, clothing, and home goods closer to Chicago women. “A lot of people think green is nuts and berries, but our boutique is very trend-driven and focused,” says the owner, Elyce Rembos. Rembos, a Chicago native, first launched her sustainability-focused boutique concept in the western suburbs (52 S. Washington St., Hinsdale; 630-655-9050) in September 2010. Now, less than a year later, Rembos’s second, much larger location, has allowed her to expand the selection of home goods, including pieces from Architectural Artifacts and lighting. Ranging from $10 and up, Green Goddess offers designs from across the world, including Morocco, Bali, London, and Thailand. Eye-catching items include bottles with crystal stoppers ($25 to $100); antique Turkish carpets in pink, purple, or turquoise ($3,500 and up); and, of course, the store’s signature one-of-a-kind bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, and belts ($10 and up).
Top Sales This Week
Find up to 50 percent off exercise clothes from Splendid, RLX Ralph Lauren, and other brands during the “Nice Racks” Memorial Day sale at The Shop @ Equinox (for Chicago locations, equinox.com) running through Tuesday, May 31st.
Violette (2031 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-7150), a new shoe and accessories boutique in Bucktown, holds a grand opening shopping and style event with its sister store, Vive La Femme (2048 N. Damen Ave.; 773-772-7429, vivelafemme.com), on Thursday, May 26th, from 6 to 10 p.m. Guests may vote for heels or flats, and the winning style will be discounted 20 percent during the event through Tuesday, May 31st.
The Best of the Rest
- Salmon Cove (salmoncove.com), a new active-clothing line, holds its launch party at Bull & Bear (431 N. Wells St.; 312-527-5973, bullbearbar.com) on Tuesday, May 24th, from 6 to 8 p.m. Meet the local designers Charlie Roth and Owen Schnaper, and enjoy a hosted cocktail reception with appetizers. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet the fashion model and Skokie, Illinois–native Erin Heatherton at Victoria’s Secret (830 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-664-2711, victoriassecret.com) on Wednesday, May 25th, from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Randolph Street Market (312-666-1200, randolphstreetmarket.com) kicks off its 8th season with vintage, antique, and contemporary goods from more than 200 vendors on Memorial Day weekend. New this year, the market offers free furniture delivery in the downtown area. Tickets are $8 in advance at randolphstreetmarket.com or $10 at the gate.
- Buy four waxes at Spacio (2706 N. Halsted St.; 773-244-6500, spaciospa.com) and get a fifth for free through June 30th. The deal also applies to the laser hair removal services.
- Books Ink (1835 W. 103rd St.; 773-330-4115) hosts an introduction to jewelry making class on Sunday, May 29th, from 2 to 4:30 p.m. For $35 a seat, the instructor Donna Hilton teaches you how to make necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. Register by e-mailing email@example.com by Wednesday, May 25th.
- Learn calligraphy in five weeks at TT Patton (123 E. Station St., Barrington; 847-277-0073, ttpatton.com). Starting on May 24th, the course ($150) will be held for five consecutive Tuesdays, from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Bedside Manor (for locations, shopbedside.com) offers up to 30 percent on linens from Yves Delorme, Matouk, and other brands through Tuesday, May 31st.
5 hours ago