Blast from the Past
If you haven’t already heard of Decades (shopdecadesinc.com), a vintage and designer consignment boutique in L.A., you will soon—its co-owners Cameron Silver and Christos Garkinos are set to become the next “Bravo-lebrities” when their reality show, now in development, makes its debut on the network (date: TBD). Garkinos visits Space519 (900 N. Michigan Ave., fifth floor; 312-751-1519, space519.com) this weekend to host a trunk show of vintage and gently used designer garments priced 30 to 80 percent off their original retail tags. He also promises to unpack a special collection of vintage Prada and Marni, plus loads of designer dresses, handbags (think Chanel), and a selection of $150 shoes (lucky shoppers scored Louboutins and Manolos at past sales). Peruse the goods Saturday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, May 13 from 12 to 6 p.m.
Top Sales This Week
As many as 1,000 sparkling Judith Ripka (judithripka.com) jewelry pieces, starting at $250, are 50 to 70 percent off during a series of sample sales. Shop Wednesday, May 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Chicago Marriott Southwest (1200 Burr Ridge Pkwy., Burr Ridge); Thursday, May 10 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, May 11 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at The Sutton Place Hotel (21 E. Bellevue Pl.); and Saturday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel (933 Skokie Blvd., Northbrook). Bonus: Print this week’s Sales Check and bring it to any one of the locations to receive an extra $50 off your purchase.
The Chi-native Jacqueline Rezak, owner of the online retail site Rad + Refined (radandrefined.com), sets up shop this week at The Waldorf Astoria Chicago (11 E. Walton St.). Rad + Refined’s California-cool aesthetic mixes boho-chic vintage finds (such as this cropped Levi’s denim vest, $128) with modern pieces including Wildfox Couture crop tops and sweatshirts ($28–$128), pre-destroyed denim cutoffs by Mink Pink ($75), and Blue Moon maxi dresses ($148–$298). Shop any day through Saturday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. by RSVPing to RSVP@radandrefined.com.
The Best of the Rest
- Lori’s Shoes offers online shoppers 30 percent off all jewelry through Wednesday, May 9 at lorisshoes.com. Type in the code jewelry30 at checkout.
- Kimberly McDonald (kimberlymcdonald.com) takes her on-trend collection of geode rings, agate necklaces, and other jewelry inspired by the mineral world to Neapolitan Collection (715 Elm St., Winnetka; 847-441-7784, neapolitanonline.com) for a trunk show Wednesday, May 9 through Saturday, May 12.
- After the prerequisite Mother’s Day brunch this Sunday, May 13, head to Dose (dosemarket.com), which returns to the River East Art Center (435 E. Illinois St.; 312-321-1001) for a special market themed for you and ma. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., treat her to local foods and fashion—including designer vintage apparel from Luxury Garage Sale, hand-dyed silk scarves by Lydia Brockman, and clutches by Lisa Kingsley. And make sure to stop by the nail artist AstroWifey’s booth, where she’ll be tricking out fingertips for free. Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 at the door.
- After opening its third location in downtown Barrington last month, the accessories boutique Notice (202 S. Cook St.; 224-655-2085, notice-this.com) celebrates with a three-day bash this Thursday, May 10 through Saturday, May 12. This is your chance to walk away with a free gift with purchase—but not before entering your name to win a $100 shopping spree.
- The 900 North Michigan Shops round up for a shopping bonanza Saturday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Get 20 percent off all purchases at more than a dozen participating stores—including Michael Kors and Mark Shale—plus free treats such as mini manicures at Mario Tricoci, makeovers and facials by Clarins at Bloomingdale’s, and mini cupcakes at Williams-Sonoma. Tickets, $20 at friendsofprentice.org, benefit the fundraising board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s Prentice Women’s Hospital.
- Michael Gaffney, celebrity florist, gives floral demonstrations at Bloomingdale’s Medinah Home (600 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-324-7500, bloomingdales.com) on Saturday, May 12 from 12 to 2 p.m. Purchase a vase priced at $100 or more and take home one of Gaffney’s one-of-a-kind arrangements.
- Stock up on denim and other staples this month at Cityblue Apparel & Denim (1444 N. Wells St.; 312-664-2222, shopcityblue.com). The boutique offers 25 percent off all labels—including 7 For All Mankind, Hudson, and Citizens of Humanity—through the end of May.
1 day ago
1 week ago