The Alpha for Omega in Chicago
Omega (909 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-291-9412, omegawatches.com) opened its first Chicagoland boutique last week, kicking off the luxury watch line’s expansion in the U.S. The store is the second U.S. location, following the opening in New York City about a year and a half ago. “I haven’t been here in a few years, and I’ve seen how the town has developed. It’s a good market here; we’re receiving very positive vibes in Chicago,” says Omega’s CEO Stephen Urquhart. Omega opened three additional U.S. locations the day after the Chicago store’s launch on Thursday, November 18th; six more boutiques are scheduled to open by the end of the year. All new boutiques will feature the entire women and men’s collections, including items that are currently unavailable at luxury department stores, such as the women’s Ladymatic yellow gold and mother of pearl watch ($33,500) and the men’s Seamaster Aqua Terra XXL rose-gold watch on an alligator strap ($19,500). “With Omega, you’re not just buying a watch,” says Urquhart. “You’re buying a history; you’re buying a dream; you’re buying a legacy.”
Top Sales This Week
The Bucktown Bazaar (773-263-5882; graziaproductions.com/bucktown) features jewelry, textiles, and ceramics from local artisans as well as a silent auction and origami workshops on Saturday, November 27th, and Sunday, November 28th, at Holstein Park Fieldhouse (2200 N. Oakley Ave.; 312-742-7554).
The Frame Factory (3400 N. Pulaski Rd.; 773-427-1010, framefactory.com) celebrates 40 years with up to 90 percent off art, frames, mirrors, and accessories on Saturday, November 27th, from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- Spend $300 at three different Lake View East shops and bring your receipts to the Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce (3138 N. Broadway Ave.; 773-348-8608) by Thursday, December 23rd to receive a $50 gift card good at participating Lake View East stores.
- Kimball & Bean (3606 S. Country Club Rd., Woodstock; 815-444-9000, kimballandbean.com) holds its 10th annual holiday open house, featuring antique and vintage Christmas ornaments, unique holiday decorations, and seasonal plants, Friday, November 26th, through Sunday, November 28th.
- Save 20 percent on all party invitations from U Stationery (312-265-0513; ustationery.com); enter promo code “earlybird10” to receive discount.
- Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora; 630-585-2200, premiumoutlets.com/Chicago) kicks off its annual after-Thanksgiving weekend sale at midnight on Friday, November 26th. (A few stores, such as Vera Bradley, open at 10 p.m. on Thursday, November 25th.) For a complete list of stores and their discounts, which last through Sunday, November 28th, visit premiumoutlets.com.
- Find all-day discounts at le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9855, ledresschicago.com) on Black Friday, November 26th. Save 40 percent on everything from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.; 30 percent from 12 to 3 p.m.; and 20 percent off from 3 to 7 p.m.
- The Salon at ULTA (114 S. State St.; 312-279-5081, ulta.com) kicks off its Dazzle During the Holidays promotion, featuring a professional make-up application, hair consultation, and blow dry service for $50, on Friday, November 26th. The promotion continues through December 31st.
- Take 20 percent off full-price merchandise at Sarca (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com) Friday, November 26th, through Friday, December 3rd.
- Sprout Home (745 N. Damen Ave.; 312-226-5950, sprouthome.com) holds a centerpiece floral class on Tuesday, November 23rd, at 6 p.m. The $150 fee includes the container, base floral, and accents.
- Take 30 percent off regular-price items at Dress Up Boutique (1937 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-7780, dressup-boutique.com) through Wednesday, December 1st; shoppers must mention offer or enter promo code “FALL30” at dressup-boutique.com to get the discount.
- Cerato (3451 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) offers 20 percent off everything in the store from 8 a.m. to noon on Friday, November, 26th. Also this month, have six friends join the boutique’s mailing list and be entered to win a $50 Cerato gift card.
2 weeks ago