When Trunk Club, a men’s clothing service, first launched in Oregon a few years back, it involved female sales associates chatting with male clients via Skype and sending them some clothing options a few weeks later. “The business model was broken,” says the business’s new owner Brian Spaly, who re-launched Trunk Club (311 W. Superior St., suite 504; 312-266-8700, trunkclub.com) in Chicago last year. Now, clients are invited to schedule an appointment, typically lasting anywhere from 45 minutes to three hours, for a more full-service, concierge approach, filled with styling advice, cold drinks, and a large fitting area. “Men have six months of shopping done in an hour, and they have a blast doing it,” Spaly says. The service shop carries everything from weekend casual and cocktail wear to outwear, shoes, and accessories from brand names such as Lacoste, Earnest Sewn, Genetic Denim, Jack Spade, and John Varvatos. “Trunk Club is not about serving a specific type of guy,” says Spaly. “It’s about serving a new experience up to anyone who wants new clothes.” Trunk Club celebrates its one-year anniversary of the Chicago reopening next month on December 7th.
Top Sales This Week
Enjoy complimentary hair and makeup from ULTA (ulta.com), plus styling tips, gift bags, and the opportunity to appear on Garmental (garmental.com) during the Akira (1814 W. North Ave.; 773-489-0818, akirachicago.com) Gold Rush shopping event, Thursday, November 11th, from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Email RSVP@skirtpr.com to be added to the guest list.
His Stuff LakeView (3162 N. Broadway Ave.; 773-281-6111, hisstuffchicago.com) holds its annual Holiday Bazaar —featuring deep discounts on Mavi Jeans, Report Collection spotswear, and Nobis hats—on Saturday, November 13th, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, November 14th, from 12 to 6 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- Revision Home (2132 W. Fulton St.; 312-226-2221, revisionchicago.com), a primarily appointment-only boutique, celebrates its one-year anniversary with vintage and antique pieces from Edit Home, Vintage Bazaar, and Twice, on Thursday, November 11th, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The boutique also holds its next open-to-the-public warehouse event with hard-to-find pieces on Friday, November 12th, and Saturday, November 13th, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-1967, kristak.com) holds an Elizabeth and James clothing and jewelry trunk show on Thursday, November 11th, and Friday, November 12th.
- Attend a yoga class at Aphora Spa (2300 Chestnut Ave., Glenview; 847-510-1240, aphoradayspa.com) this month and take 20 percent off a manicure and pedicure or 50-minute massage.
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its marketplace auction on Wednesday, November 10th, and Thursday, November 11th, at 10 a.m. The final preview takes place on Tuesday, November 9th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Leslie Hindman also features a fine books and manuscripts auction on Thursday, November 18th, at 12 p.m., with previews on Sunday, November 14th, from 12 to 5 p.m.; Monday, November 15th, from 12 to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, November 16th, from 12 to 5 p.m.; and Wednesday, November 17th, from 12 to 5 p.m.
- Spex (2000 Central St., Evanston; 847-864-0300; spexchicago.com) holds the opening reception for its next Art + Vision event with drinks, appetizers, a ProDesign eyewear trunk show, and mixed media work from Brian Bourke on Thursday, November 11th, from 6 to 9 p.m. Bourke’s art will be on display through Thursday, December 23rd.
- Macy’s Oak Brook (1 OakBrook Center, Oak Brook; 630-684-2400, macys.com) features the renowned stylists Jesse Garza and Joe Lupo of Visual Therapy (visual-therapy.com) on Thursday, November 11th, from 6 to 8 p.m. Stop by for an Alfani fashion show, a Q&A session with the stylists, and a chance to win one of three complimentary mini makeovers.
- Meet designer Andrew Gn during his Resort and Spring 2011 trunk show at Neapolitan (715 Elm St., Winnetka; 847-441-7784, neapolitanonline.com) on Friday, November 12th. The trunk show runs Thursday, November 11th, through Saturday, November 13th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call 847-441-7784 for more information.
- Luxe a Salon & Spa (2109 W. Belmont Ave.; 773-665-2049, luxeasalon.com) holds a curl and flat iron boot camp with cocktails, snacks, and gift bags on Thursday, November 11th, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Call 773-665-2049 for $10 tickets in advance, or pay $12 at the door. The admission fee can be applied to any future service, except waxing.
- Bring a bag of nonperishable food to White Chicago (222 W. Huron St.; 312-397-1571, whitechicago.com, whitexchange.com) in November or December and get 25 percent off any Lori London custom veil.
- Sarca (710 N. Wabash St; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com) hosts a By Erin Gordon (byeringordon.com) jewelry trunk show with holiday styling tips, gift recommendations, and Champagne, on Saturday, November 13th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago