Find This Chanel Bag, Hidden Somewhere in Downtown Chicago
This little chain-strap Chanel Bag is hidden somewhere in the downtown area and it could be yours—if you’re willing to work for it. The first person who can complete a scavenger hunt hosted by Luxury Garage Sale (1658 N. Wells St., 312-291-9126, luxurygaragesale.com), a high-end consignment store in Old Town, wins.
If you want to in, drop by the store to pick up an advanced copy of the scavenger hunt map. Clues, tasks, and tweets may very well lead you to the loot. The scavenger hunt officially begins at 10 a.m. (and concludes at 3 p.m.) tomorrow, November 13.
There’s also an after-party with a sale. Read more …
Top Sales this Week
Emerging Designers Come Together for a Holiday Pop-Up
Purely Fashion is opening a temporary shop on Michigan Avenue to sell luxury goods from on-the-rise designers. Read more …
You Could Buy a Carousel this Weekend
Bid to own a piece of iconic Kiddieland, among 300 pieces of nostalgia, at Donley’s Fall Classic 300 auction. Read more …
The Best of the Rest
- On Saturday, more than 100 bands transform dozens of Wicker Park and Bucktown boutiques and other businesses into live music venues during ChillFest (chillfestchicago.com). Musicians will play free acoustic sets in unconventional locations ranging from pet stores to camera shops to fashion boutiques. An after-party at Subterranean runs from 7 p.m. to midnight. See the full list of venues and performers at chillfestchicago.com.
- Green Goddess Boutique, an eco-minded store that sells sustainable clothing and accessories, has opened a third location at the 900 North Michigan Shops (312-642-2000, thegreengoddessboutique.com). They’ll dole out bubbly to shoppers tomorrow from 6 to 8 p.m. to celebrate.
- Local indie mag Halfstack Magazine hosts a Holiday Beauty Bar at Johnathan Breitung Salon & Luxury Spa (3226 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-348-1800, johnathanbreitungsalon.com) on Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m. Guests will score complimentary mini spa services, styling, drinks, and eats while they shop goodies from local brands and designers. The first 100 attendees will receive a gift bag and everyone gets 15 percent off their first salon service. Email to RSVP.
- Maternity wear store Kickin’ (2142 W. Roscoe St., 773-281-6577, kickinmaternity.com) presents a pre-holiday fashion show and shopping event with local designer Molly Ades on Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. Entrance is $12 (which can be used towards purchases of $60 and over that night) and includes apps and mocktails, goodie bags, giveaways worth up to $1,000, and 15 percent off your entire purchase. RSVP is required: Call the store to reserve your spot.
- This weekend, artifact and antique store The Golden Triangle (330 N. Clark St., 312-755-1266, goldentriangle.biz) opens its annual in-store holiday gift market filled with jewelry, vases, and home goods from around the globe. Stop by Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., when all purchases are 20 percent off. The market runs through December 31.
- Lincoln Park bridal jewelry and finery store the Left Bank (1155 W. Webster Ave. 773-929-7422, leftbankjewelry.com) holds its annual wedding accessory sample sale this week. Shop discounted jewelry, hair adornments, veils, belts, shoes, and more through November 16.
1 week ago