Divine Floor Décor
The Rug Company (320 N. Clark St.; 312-379-1700, therugcompany.info), known for handmade, quality rugs from Vivienne Westwood, Paul Smith, Alexander McQueen, and other designers, has arrived in the Loop. The new 3,000-square-feet space is the fourth U.S. location since 1997, when Christopher and Suzanne Sharp founded the company in London. We love squiggle orange by Vivienne Westwood, tribal diamond by Diane Von Furstenberg, and peacock light by Matthew Williamson. Also look for eye-catching cushions (from $315), wall hangings (from $495), and rugs designed by the Sharps themselves (the pair has individual lines as well as an overall collection from The Rug Company). Shoppers can request an original design from scratch; with more than a thousand wools and silks in store, each rug can be customized by size and color. Rugs start at $37.50 per square foot; for a full price list, visit therugcompany.info.
Top Sales This Week
The 2010 Westfield Style Tour arrives at Westfield Fox Valley Shopping Center (195 Fox Valley Center, Aurora; 630-851 7200, westfield.com/foxvalley) with private consultations, beauty makeovers, prizes, and more on Saturday, October 16th, and Sunday, October 17th. A highlight of the weekend: Stacy London of TLC’s What Not To Wear hosts a fashion show on Saturday at 2 p.m. For more information, visit westfield.com/foxvalley.
City Soles & Niche (2001 W. North Ave.; 1566 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-2001, citysoles.com) discounts everything in the store during its annual Fall Fix event on Thursday, October 21st, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. In addition to deep savings, enjoy cocktails, giveaways, raffles, and music.
The Best of the Rest
- Tribeca (1035 W. Madison St.; 312-492-9373, shopattribeca.com) holds a Coco Chanel Day with free cocktails and gifts on Saturday, October 16th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The first 25 shoppers each get a Chanel-inspired bag of jewelry; for every $50 spent, each guest has the chance to win a Chanel clutch.
- Take 15 percent off everything at DNA 2050 (900 N. Michigan Ave., 3rd floor; 312-944-0040, dna2050.com) to celebrate the boutique’s one-year anniversary, Friday, October 15th, through Sunday, October 17th. Shoppers also receive Champagne, raffle prizes, and a gift with any denim purchase.
- Cynthia Rowley (810 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-528-6160, cynthiarowley.com) hosts a FEED Projects (feedprojects.com) pop-up shop launch event on Thursday, October 14th, from 7 to 9 p.m. You’ll find FEED bags, teddy bears, bracelets, and T-shirts at the boutique through Thursday, October 28th.
- Take 20 percent off all in-stock and custom upholstered furniture at Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-8180, jaysonhomeandgarden.com) through Sunday, October 31st.
- The MCA Store (220 E. Chicago Ave.; 312-280-2660, mcachicago.org) hosts a free event on Tuesday, October 12th, at 6 p.m. to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of Threadless, the local T-shirt company. The company, represented by cofounder Jake Nickell, is releasing a new book, Threadless: Ten Years of T-shirts from the World’s Most Inspiring Online Design Community, whichwill be for sale along with a selection of shirts. Guests who buy a book, get a free special edition T-shirt.
- BYO blow dryer and brush to Luxe a Salon & Spa (2109 W. Belmont Ave.; 773-665-2049, luxeasalon.com) for its next “Lessons in Luxe: Blow-dry Boot Camp” on Thursday, October 14th from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Guests will get 15 percent off styling tools and blow dryers, plus cocktails, refreshments, a tips and tricks booklet, and raffles. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door; advance admission fees will go toward your next service (excluding waxing) at Luxe. Reservations required; RSVP@skirtpr.com.
- Florodora (330 S. Dearborn St.; 312-212-8860, florodora.com) features Kate Boggiano’s latest styles, and Florodora Shoes (348 S. Dearborn St.; 312-212-8860) showcases jewelry from the up-and-coming designer Peggy Skemp on Friday, October 15th, from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Sponsored by Greenheart Shop (1911 W. Division St.; 312-264-1625, greenheartshop.org), Emanuel Kuntzelman delivers a lecture titled “From the Heart to Humanity” at the Chicago Center for the Performing Arts (777 N. Green St.) on Wednesday, October 13th at 6 p.m. Attendees can also enjoy a free yoga session and organic food and drinks.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) features Treesje handbag designer, Sheila Nazarian, on Friday, October 15th, from 12 to 4 p.m. Buy a Treesje handbag and receive a free leather Lita cuff. At the same time, Ted Rossi also makes a personal appearance at Neiman Marcus to introduce his fall and holiday handbag collections.
- Meet Fabrice Penot, the co-creator of Le Labo (lelabofragrances.com), at Barneys New York (15 E. Oak St.; 312-587-1700, barneys.com), where he will launch his latest perfume, Baie Rose 26, on Thursday, October 14th.
12 hours ago
13 hours ago
2 weeks ago