Y-3, a collaboration between Japanese fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto and Adidas, opened its eighth U.S. outpost in the Gold Coast (50 E. Oak St.; 312-573-3310, y-3store.com) last month. The line, known for its avant-garde take on sportswear, features men’s and women’s apparel, footwear, and accessories in modern designs and high-end materials (including cashmere, silk, and Italian leather). While Y-3’s pieces have been available locally at Ikram (15 E. Huron St.; 312-587-1000, ikram.com) and Scoop NYC (1702 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-227-9930, scoopnyc.com) for several years, the Oak Street boutique is the company’s first freestanding store in the Midwest. Y-3’s fall inventory for women includes sneaker-inspired heels with an antique kimono design ($450), a lambswool tweed cape with a rainproof lining ($970), and a Japanese wool shirtdress with a drawstring waist ($560). Also find a wide selection of men’s clothing, including a hooded sweater with track fabric sleeves ($390) and a down bomber jacket in black ($680).
Top Sales This Week
Kooky Kidstuff (kookykidstuff.com for locations), a children’s clothing and toy boutique, celebrates two years in business with hors d’oeuvres, sweets, drinks, and discounts at its Shops at North Bridge store (520 N. Michigan Ave., third floor; 312-527-0552) on Thursday, October 27 from 4 to 7 p.m. The event also features the grand opening of the location’s new salon for little girls.
Chicago Party Animals (1133 W. Fulton Market; 773-383-3647, chicagopartyanimals.com), a dog-friendly events space, hosts a vintage clothing sale and Halloween party on Friday, October 28 from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday, October 29 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dogs are welcome to accompany their owners to the event, which benefits Friends of Chicago Animal Care and Control (fcacc.org) and features items from jenstyle chic vintage (jenstyle.com), Dethrose Vintage (dethrosevintage.blogspot.com), and Bunny’s Trunk Show (bunnystrunkshow.com).
The Best of the Rest
- Be.ology (shop.livebeology.com), a local lifestyle company specializing in merchandise with inspirational themes, takes 30 percent off all “be.you” items through Tuesday, October 25. Enter coupon code “beYOU” at online checkout to receive the discount.
- AllSaints (700 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-283-0400, us.allsaints.com), debuts its exclusive Not for Sale (us.allsaints.com/not_for_sale) t-shirt collection in Chicago this week. The new line—a partnership between the British retailer and Not for Sale, an anti-human-trafficking organization—features graphic tees, in a variety of colors, from $45 to $65.
- The Edit (1917 N. Damen Ave.; 773-252-3350, shoptheedit.com), a new boutique for contemporary women’s apparel, holds its grand opening party, with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, on Wednesday, October 26 from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com.
- The Red Balloon (2060 N. Damen Ave., 773-489-9800; 5407 N. Clark St., 773-989-8500; theredballoon.com), a children’s clothing, furniture, toy, and accessories store, holds its annual warehouse sale—with discounted items starting at $5—Wednesday, October 26 through Saturday, October 29 at 1940 North Damen Avenue.
- Salon Envy (2658 N. Halsted Ave.; 773-880-5033, salonenvychicago.com) celebrates its recent move from Clybourn Avenue to Halsted Avenue with pizza, drinks, product samples, and a fashion and hair show on Thursday, October 27 from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Dress Up (1937 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-7780, dressup-boutique.com), a shop for women, hosts its first Stella & Dot (stelladot.com) jewelry and accessories trunk show on Thursday, October 27 from 7 to 9 p.m., including drinks and 25 percent off all boutique merchandise. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Stella & Dot will offer a limited-edition bracelet at the event; 20 percent of profits from the bracelet’s sales will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (bcrfcure.org).
- Bedside Manor Ltd. (shopbedside.com for locations) offers 30 percent off Triomphe and Cocoon bed linens and coverlets through Saturday, November 5.
10 hours ago