Follow us on Twitter! The newly created twitter.com/salescheck features updates on latest and greatest shopping sales and events in the Chicago area seven days a week.
Back by Popular Demand
Last November, the local makeup artist Michael Perich closed his self-created botanical beauty line, CAMP Cosmetics (campcosmetics.com), after five years of business in a Glen Ellyn storefront. He had decided to redesign the space’s interior for a new venture: The Queens’ Closet (480a N. Main St., Glen Ellyn; 630-545-0240). The women’s boutique took off—but Perich continued got so many requests for his cosmetics that this month he brought it back. “I truly genuinely missed it. I know I was made for it,” says Perich, a 14-year cosmetics industry veteran. “My passion lies in helping women.” The line is now available at the 120-square-feet boutique. Customers will continue to find a variety of clothing and accessories, including a four-pound Cartier replica bracelet ($169), purple ruffled shirt ($49.99) and the shop’s newest staple, balloon sleeved shrugs in a variety of colors ($39.99). Makeup applications—using Perich’s eye shadows ($16.50), cheek colors ($18.50), and lipsticks ($19.50)—are $60. Perich’s Formula 69 fragrance ($69), a mix of spicy, sweet, citrus, and floral scents, is for men and women.
Top Sales This Week
For Labor Day, receive additional discounts from more than 40 of the 120 stores at Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora; 630-585-2200, premiumoutlets.com/chicago), including DKNY, Kenneth Cole, and MaxMara, Friday, September 4th through Monday, September 7th.
Gurnee Mills (6170 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee; 847-263-7500, gurneemills.com) holds a Labor Day super sale event with discounts at participating mall shops as well as a cookout and activities in the parking lot near Bass Pro Shops, Saturday, September 5th through Monday, September 7th.
The Best of the Rest
- Artists Frame Service (1867 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-2800, artistsframeservice.com) holds its next Sunday frame outlet sale with up to 80 percent off selected high quality standard and odd sized picture frames on September 6th.
- Recently celebrating its 16th anniversary, ENAZ (444 Central Ave., Highland Park; 847-433-6466, enaz.com) opens a second location at 309 Happ Road in Northfield (847-446-5551) on Tuesday, September 1st.
- The Shop at Equinox (900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-254-2500; 799 Central Ave., Highland Park, 847-681-7777; 1750 N. Clark St., 312-254-4000; 200 W. Monroe St., 312-252-3100; equinox.com/shop) holds its “Come Sale Away” Labor Day sale with up to 50 percent off selected brands, including Puma, lululemon athletica, and Nike, through Monday, September 7th.
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its vintage couture and accessories, and fine jewelry and timepieces auctions Wednesday, September 2nd at 3 p.m.; Thursday, September 3rd at 5 p.m.; and Friday, September 4th at 10 a.m. Potential bidders may view items during previews, September 1st through 3rd from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Greenheart Shop (1911 W. Division St.; 312-264-1625, greenheartshop.org) holds a South African action evening Thursday, September 3rd. The free event includes jewelry and beadwork demonstrations, wine tasting, and a group call-in to Sam’s Wines and Spirits and Binny’s Beverage Depot to ask the stores to stock fair-trade wines from South Africa. To RSVP, call 312-264-1625 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Bill Heffernan, creative director of Chicago’s Heffernan Morgan Designs, produced the September table of the month at Material Possessions (704 N. Wabash Ave., 312-280-4885; 954 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, 847-446-8840; materialpossessions.com). The tabletop features pewter serving pieces and utensils, which will be 10 percent off through Wednesday, September 30th.
- Todd & Holland Tea Merchants (7311 W. Madison St., Forest Park; 708-488-1162, todd-holland.com) marks down selected teas as well as discontinued, mismatched, and overstocked accessories by 50 percent Saturday, September 5th through Saturday, September 12th.
- Purchase three silk ties for $100 from Nicholas Joseph Custom Tailors (21 W. Elm St.; 654 W. Diversey Pkwy.; 71 W. Madison St.; 312-895-1577, customsuitsyou.com) through Friday, September 4th.
- Hotel Arista (2139 CityGate Lane, Naperville; 630-579-4100, hotelarista.com) offers a special romance and relaxation package, featuring breakfast for two, chocolate covered strawberries, Champagne, an in-room couple’s massage, and late check out. Rates start at $289. For reservations or information on other packages, visit hotelarista.com/specials.
- Take 20 percent off selected engraved and letterpress stationery at TT Patton (123 E. Station St., Barrington; 847-277-0073, ttpatton.com) through Wednesday, September 30th. The boutique also currently offers a 50-pack of embossed notes and envelopes for $24.95 as well as personalized tablets for $19.95.
- SHE Boutique (483 Central Ave., Highland Park; 847-926-0150, shopsheboutique.com) holds its birthday sale with 20 percent off all merchandise Saturday, September 5th through Monday, September 7th. Enter code “birthday” at checkout to receive the discount online.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago