Vince (106 E. Oak St.; 312-280-6890, vince.com), the luxury contemporary brand best known for its cashmere and leather pieces, opens its first Chicago retail store on Friday, October 1st. Located in the former Chasalla space on Oak Street, the new outpost carries the full scope of the women’s, men’s, and denim collections not found at Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. “The men’s and denim lines are both young, and the businesses have been growing for us, so we’re excited to give them the attention they deserve,” says Christopher LaPolice, the L.A.-based line’s cofounder and president. “We’ll have a bigger selection of items that complement each other, maybe about 25 different styles of sweaters” [compared to the average 15 styles carried in department stores]. The wide-ranging inventory includes cotton T-shirts ($60), duo plaid shirts for men ($195), and straight-leg corduroys for women ($220), shearling leather jackets ($1,350), and chunky cashmere and wool sweaters for both sexes (women, from $148; men, from $145).
Top Sales This Week
Find the latest in home and garden furniture and accessories at the first-ever Design Harvest (312-850-9390, design-harvest.com) on Saturday, October 2nd and Sunday, October 3rd. Along Grand Avenue from Damen Avenue to Wood Street, the free, one-of-a-kind event features a mix of handmade, repurposed, and reclaimed pieces from more than 50 Chicago vendors, including Unison Home (2000 W. Fulton St.; 312.492.7960, unisonhome.com) Urban Source (1429 W. Chicago Ave.; 312-455-0505, urbansourcechicago.com) and Strand Design (1008 W. Randolph St.; 312-243-6290, stranddesign.org). Also enjoy performances from Collaboraction Theatre Group, live music from The Hide Out, and a closing ceremony square dance on the 3rd at 6 p.m.
Style Souk Chicago (stylesoukchicago.com), a new contemporary and vintage pop-up shop, features designers Shernett Swaby (shernettswaby.com), Dana Killion (killionclothes.com), Ann Chikahisa (chikahisastudio.com), Ellie Thompson (ellieco.com), and more at the former FLATFILEgalleries space (217 N. Carpenter St.). Meet the designers and enjoy informal modeling at the opening event on Friday, October 1st, from 6 to 9 p.m. The market also runs Saturday, October 2nd, and Sunday, October 3rd, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- During Hubbard Woods’ Ladies Night Out on Thursday, September 30th, from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m., save 15 percent on all purchases at these participating stores: Material Possessions (954 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-446-8840, materialpossessions.com), Randoons (962 1/2 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847 784-1890, randoons.com), Pierre Deux (996 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-441-7755, pierredeux.com), Artistica (990 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-446-2916, italiangallery.com), Mattie M (990 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-8701, mattiem.com), Elsa’s Boutique (986 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-446-3220), Marigolds (1054 Gage St., Winnetka; 847-501-2755), Pagoda Red (902 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-8881, pagodared.com), Duxiana (984 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-9320, duxiana.com), and Simone’s Boutique (1060 Gage St., Winnetka; 847-446-9966, simonesboutique.com). Each participating store will offer treats, a special event or trunk show, and the chance to win a shopping spree.
- Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-1967, kristak.com) features local designers this week. Find the latest styles from Marisa Swystun and one-of-a-kind jewelry from Allison Schiller on Thursday, September 30th, and Friday, October 1st.
- Find the latest luxury bridal trends—from gowns and accessories to invitations and table décor—at The Wedding Salon (theweddingsalon.com) on Monday, October 4th, at The Sofitel Water Tower (20 E. Chestnut St.).
- Cerato (3451 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) holds a private trunk show with Kate Boggiano, Kate Coxworth, and Laudi Vidni on Wednesday, September 29th, from 6 to 9 p.m. Meet the designers, create your own customized look, and enjoy Champagne, wine, and snacks. Those who make a trunk show purchase have the chance to win a custom handbag from Laudi Vidni, a $50 gift certificate to Cerato, or a Kate Boggiano gift. RSVP to sarah@ceratoboutique.
- The recently opened clearance center at Lightology (215 W. Chicago Ave.; 312-944-1000, lightology.com) offers up to 70 percent off chandeliers, pendants, desk lamps, and more. Also, throughout October, the shop takes 30 percent off all Edge Lighting Monorail and selected wall sconces.
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its fine furniture and decorative arts auction on Sunday, October 3rd, at 12 p.m.; Monday, October 4th, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.; and Tuesday, October 5th, at 12 p.m. Previews are Wednesday, September 29th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, September 30th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday, October 1st, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, October 2nd from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Enjoy mini nail care, body treatments, facials, and massages at the spa at the dana (660 N. State St.; 312-202-6040, danahotelandspa.com/spa) on Thursday, September 30th from 6 to 8 p.m. All guests who book a future treatment receive 20 percent off their bill. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SOiree CHICago features Ellie Thompson jewelry (ellieco.com) and Thierry Roger custom clothing (thierryroger.com) at Moka Gallery (2112 W. Belmont Ave.; 773-975-2285, mokagallery.com) on Friday, October 1st. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served from 6 to 9 p.m.; the fashion show begins at 7 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bloomingdales (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-440-4460, bloomingdales.com) holds a two-day fur event in the Maximilian Fur Salon. On Saturday, October 2nd and Sunday, October 3rd, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., you can design fur trimmed outerwear with Loro Piana-Storm System fabrics, or take 20 percent off any fur restyle or redesign. Call 312-337-8882 to schedule an appointment.
Closings and Relocations
Lissa on Maxwell (729 W. Maxwell St.; 312-563-9470, lissaonmaxwell.com) closed its four-year old boutique on Saturday, September 25th. The store plans to relocate to River North; new address to come.
Gamma Player (2035 W. Division St.; 773-235-0755, gammaplayer.com) closed its Wicker Park boutique on Monday, September 20th. The owners Yoko Uozumi and Jeff Mills plan to open locations in downtown Chicago and Paris in the near future.
Save up to 50 percent on everything except accessories—including antiques and fixtures—at Stellar26 (4164 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-388-2626, stellar26.com) until it closes on Sunday, October 31st.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago