Photo: Courtesy of the Rebuilding Exchange
Expect the Unexpected
A group of design studio artists at the Rebuilding Exchange (1740 W. Webster Ave.) in Bucktown are holding a Collectors Bazaar—and anything might be for sale. Artists participating in the bazaar include set designers, jewelry artists, metal and wood fabricators and more—so expect a unique offering of objects, props, raw materials, vintage goods, hardware, wearable art, and odd accruals.
Artists and designers have a way of amassing the most interesting and inspiring stuff. The items this weekend will include:
- Old bicycles
- Vintage wallpaper and wrapping paper
- Antique and “curious” lighting
- Serving dishes, platters and kitchen items
- Animal pelts and taxidermy
- Beads and baubles
- Yards of fabric
- Tools and hardware
- Vintage clothing, costumes and notions
- Perhaps a vintage trailer
The bazaar takes place on Friday from 6 to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Refreshments will be served on Friday evening and rumor has it that “random performances” might also occur. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
Top Sales This Week
Have you ever wanted to walk in someone else’s Louboutins? The generous supporters of The Founders’ Board of Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago have donated new and gently used designer clothing, shoes and accessories to The Designer Closet, a two-day resale pop-up shop at the 900 North Michigan Shops (900 N. Michigan Ave., Level 3). The sale will include everything from Chanel, Prada, and Oscar de la Renta to Diane Von Furstenberg, Tory Burch, and Kate Spade. Shop the sale Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, September from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The store will restock the racks periodically, while supplies last.
The Courtyard (shopthecourtyard.com), an upscale non-profit consignment shop known for high end furnishings, accessories and rare antiques from local Hinsdale estates, is opening up its storage location at 44 S. Washington Street in Hinsdale for a fall weekend sale. The sale takes place Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is not to be missed—the storage facility is overflowing and rarely opens to the public. All proceeds benefit Wellness House supporting families affected by cancer.
The Best of the Rest
- To celebrate seven lucky years in business, jewelry shop M2 Boutique (3527 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-9866) is handing out scratch cards on Saturday and Sunday worth 20, 25, or 30 percent off your purchase.
- The Chicago Fire players and coaches will walk the runway at a fashion show this Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at ROOF on theWit (201 N. State St., 312-239-9501, roofonthewit.com/runway). This will be the last ROOF Runway event of the year. Tickets ($50–$75) can be purchased here.
- Designer consignment boutique Luxury Garage Sale (1658 N. Wells St., 312-291-9126, luxurygaragesale.com) is teaming up with women’s social and professional networking group ChickChat for a Career Chic event. Along with business tips and resume tricks, guests will receive mini-makeovers, work wardrobe styling advice and a new LinkedIn portrait. The event takes place Thursday from 6:30 to 9 p.m. and tickets ($25) can be purchased here.
- Fashion jewelry site BaubleBar (baublebar.com) is coming to Chicago. Shop the pop-up shop at Sofia (100 E. Walton St., Ste. 106, 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) from Thursday to Sunday.
- Wilmette combines the best of its local food and fashion scene at Taste of Wilmette (wilmettechamber.org) on Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Women’s Club of Wilmette (930 Greenleaf Ave.). Entrance is $10.
ENAZ (enaz.com), a family-owned boutique operated by three sisters, officially opened its third location yesterday in Libertyville at 111 W. Church St. You’ll find brands like Sanctuary, Bella Dahl, J Brand, and Velvet at this women’s lifestyle and clothing boutique, plus an incredible selection of jewelry and accessories.
Interior designer and event planner Ramsey Jay Prince opens his first boutique and studio in Lakeview this week. J Prince Studio (3744 N. Broadway Ave., 312-547-0958, jprincestudio.com) will serve as an event planning space as well as a boutique offering Prince’s handmade florals, handbags, exotic textiles, floor coverings, lighting, furniture designs, and more. Attend the opening party on Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. and receive 10 percent off your purchase, plus a portion of proceeds benefit Chicago House.
1 week ago
4 weeks ago