Photo: Courtesy of Roslyn
Resale Meets Retail
VMR (34 E. Oak St., 7th Floor, 312-649-6673, vmrchicago.com), or in other words, “Vintage, Modern, Resale,” is a new designer showroom in the Gold Coast with the minimalist, all-white feel of a gallery—if Alaia, Chanel, and Marchesa were the artists. The store, which carries a mix of incredible vintage gear alongside new designer collections, is open by appointment only, giving shoppers one-on-one attention from the owners, stylist Mark Gill and former attorney Tina Kourasis.
This week, the highly edited store showcases a full size-run of Fendi’s entire fall and winter 2013 line. Book an appointment (Thursday from noon to 7 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.) by calling 312-649-6673 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top Sales This Week
Roslyn (2035 N. Damen Ave., 773-489-1311, roslynboutique.com), a Bucktown boutique with hard-to-find women’s labels, starts its end-of-summer sale this week. All spring and summer merchandise is marked 40 to 50 percent off and previous sale items are marked down even further.
From September 9 to 29, the luxury clothier Paul Stuart (paulstuart.com) will offer special pricing on made-to-measure men’s clothing, special orders, and custom shirts at both city locations (107 E. Oak St. and 208 S. LaSalle St.).
The Best of the Rest
- Melissa (shopmelissa.com), the women’s shoe brand that brought back the jelly sandal has collaborated with designer Karl Lagerfeld for a new collection. On Thursday, Space519 (900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-751-1519, space519.com) hosts a special event to unveil the shoes from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com to attend the party, or stop by the store all month long to shop the collection (from $135).
- On Thursday, the haircare brand TIGI hosts an event with Icona Pop, the Swedish duo behind the song “I Love It,” at the Loop’s ULTA Beauty (114 S. State St., 312-279-5081, ulta.com). Meet the pop stars from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and receive an autographed poster and gift bag if you’re among the first 200 guests to spend $10 on TIGI products.
- Jayson Home (1885 N. Clybourn Ave., 773-248-8180, jaysonhome.com) begins its fall upholstery sale today. All in-stock and custom-order upholstered furniture is 20 percent off, including sofas, chairs, beds, and ottomans for fall. The sale runs through October 14.
- To show off all the new fall styles, Manolo Blahnik hosts a trunk show at Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave., 2nd Floor, 312-642-5900 ext. 2066, neimanmarcus.com) from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
- Now through September 22 at design showroom WPA Chicago (314 W. Superior St., 312-335-3855, wpachicago.com), take 20 percent off all new orders from three fashion-forward Italian furniture lines: Poltrona Frau, Cappellini, and Cassina.
- The monthly market Vintage Garage Chicago (5051 N. Broadway, vintagegaragechicago.com) returns to Uptown on Sunday with vintage art, home furnishings, clothing, jewelry, and more. The market runs from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and admission is $5.
13 hours ago